Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for this post. was wondering if any body would like to help. im a newb to the whole stand alone system. the wiring harness was cut so i would also like to find a harness pnp if anyone knows where to get one. the shop i was gonna have hook it up said it should plug directly into the ecu without a harness. the ecu is in the engine bay, no? he said i would need a black box and that would be the only reason for wiring. the ems would also not be compatable with my map sensor. pictures would explain alot. thanks.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
What? English please.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a harness for my aem fuel management system. i dont have experience with a stand alone system so i was gonna have a shop show me whats up. they told me i need a vvti controller(Black box) to override my stock ecu or something. and that i wouldnt need a harness unless i used the "black box". i believe that the ecu is in the engine bay(thus the harness). and it would make sense not to have a "black box" since it is a full stand alone, right? he also said the stock map sensor is not compatable with my aem ems.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
i can already tell, you need a new tuner ASAP!

to better help you need to give us what you are trying to do with the ca, what box are you using, 1050? 1313? which one? is the box modified?

but from what it sounds like, your tuner doesn't have the slightest clue as to what he is doing.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
its 1050. ibought it from redis300 not sure if its modified. just trying to install it right now.i havent exactly figured out where the ecu is located on the IS. i was gonna ask them to wire me up a harness and show me how to use it but not sure if they really know the car so well. they did some turbo setups on some sc300's. im gonna probably end up having to learn how to do the software setups by myself, all the calibration stuff.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
its 1050. ibought it from redis300 not sure if its modified. just trying to install it right now.i havent exactly figured out where the ecu is located on the IS. i was gonna ask them to wire me up a harness and show me how to use it but not sure if they really know the car so well. they did some turbo setups on some sc300's. im gonna probably end up having to learn how to do the software setups by myself, all the calibration stuff.
The ECU is located at the front driver side. It's under the black long plastic cover that's secured by 3 10mm bolts. You don't really want to mess around with the calibration too much if you're new to standalones. The wrong values can blow a motor.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah. i realize that i shouldnt try cause it could blow my stuff up. but i have a relatively experienced knowledge of motors in general and i dont feel like having to drive to sf or somewhere to get it hooked up. ill keep looking though. think i should trust these guys to set it up after i install it?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they said they want to charge me 170 an hour to run the setup programs. is that o.p. or just me.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
You could by a 1101 model and buy a cut SC300/Supra ECU harness plug and make your own harness. you just need to wire in the pins that will control engine functions. leave your stock ECU in place to control ABS/ HVAC etc.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Sanctfy,

You are heading down the wrong road with this car! You make sound so simple and it's not 'that' simple! Ditch your tuner, they don't sound like they know what they are talking about. This is not a Honda! The AEM is not the easiest box to 'hardwire' as they make different boxes for different cars. Instead of asking questions about how to hook it up, you should do some searching to find out what if available for the IS300. I understand that there is a PnP model and harness. That is the route I would go. Run from the shop you already have!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, thanks guys. i already bought the ecu. i dont have the harness. i was gonna just buy a harness. figured itd be 300 at most type thing. guess i just have a ecu i cant ever use. thanks for trying to help though.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
harnesses are made for each application using an extension harness. even the ones you buy are hand soldered into an extension harness.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you saying make a harness? i wouldnt know where to begin with the pinouts.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
theyre broke. someone already had it in their IS so im pretty sure its modified.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
theyre broke. someone already had it in their IS so im pretty sure its modified.
what are you talking about broke? nothing should be broken at all, all you need is to either wire in your current harness into your ECU. or buy a PnP harness as I told you in the PM

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
did you(2002redis300) get it from dezod? if so call dezod and ask for a new harness, you'll have to pay for it but you'll get one

1 - 20 of 26 Posts