Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great to hear that some of you are pressing for the development of an EMS for our great car. I have a question for you guys, given that my knowledge on the subject is a bit week.

For now all I want to control on my car is the automatic downshifts that occur when you are in the e-shift mode. Everytime the car downshifts, all by itself, I get red in the face and have recently started thinking about getting a fix (if it exists).

Please comment (and don't slyly say get a stick because the wife don;t drive no stick and she gets the car on the weekends when I am off to the kart race club with the truck).

Thanks

Steve

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
hasn't been done before.
You can give it a shot though.

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Why are you concerned about the automatic downshifts? When it downshifts, its doing so because you're asking it to accellerate more than it can in the current gear... once you go past a certain point in the throttle it will downshift to a lower gear so it can accellerate, like you're asking it to do, then it will upshift to a higher gear once you let off the throttle.

Basically you're saying you don't want your car to accellerate when you push the pedal on the right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dasgalloway

Your points are valid, but you are not putting yourself in the drivers seat when answering. How often are you cruising along on your bike or in your favorite ride, somewhere near half rev range lets say, perhaps your having a conversation with your wife or kid. Next thing you know you want to pull out and pass the car in front, but don't want to make a fuss out of it. Well, unfortunatly for an e-shift owner the engineers at Toyota decided that you cannot use the low end torque of the engine, they insist upon us downshifting, causing a bit of a stir, in order to get the power to the road.

I would like nothing more than to rid this function.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
a hardcore Engine and Tranny management??

Unless you want to disable automatic shifts completely and just "gate" shift all the time, it can be done.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
isteve, I think you are just looking at the realities of automatics. Manual trannies are so the driver can be in complete control of the gearing of the car. I know you don't want to hear this, but maybe this is the trade-off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey AltezzaBob, I would gladly disengage all automatic shifting as long as the e-shift function could still work. I guess that would be a problem between 1st and 2nd however.

From reading a bit on the SC install by SuperleX-iS, he makes reference to some sort of shift kit that his buddy Jeff is developing.

Steve

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
gate shift the gears. MUAHAHAHAHA :chill:

by the way...

im horny 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts