Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used the AEM computer for their T/C IS? i am attempting to have this done.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
i have it, so if you are just trying to do it to be different, too late :)

its a great computer by the way, are you trying to go with the race version or what?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DAMN!!! calm down guys, im not trying to make history here. just want to get my shet running good. speed force in SanDiego will be doing the install and tuning. so for those that are using it, how do you like it?
the reason i wanted to go with aem instead of haltek or other stand alones is cause it uses the original harness but its own sensors. the guys at the shop told me it would be a better unit to use. im trying to get some info before i make the move and have it installed.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
which unit, which version

i like it a lot, you won't be able to tune it yourself most likely

-gte

vahe said:
DAMN!!! calm down guys, im not trying to make history here. just want to get my shet running good. speed force in SanDiego will be doing the install and tuning. so for those that are using it, how do you like it?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, im not going to tune it myself. the install and tuning is going to be done by a shop that is familiar with the aem computer. i havent decided on which one to use. what do you recomend?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fairuza11 said:
i was not sayin you were tryin to make anything,,, I was referring you to GTE to help you out... jesus... :roll:
no man, im just messin around and being a smart ass. i know what you guys were getting at and thanks for helping me. GTE sent me a couple messages. :)
i checked out that aem thread, doublins is going to use the aem also. anyone know if he had it installed yet?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
obviously you didn't read IS_Dude's link

goldark said:
i thought AEM wouldn't work with our "drive by wire"

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
alright ...

if you haven't figured out which box you are going to use how can you say
i am attempting to have this done
it would be more like you were thinking about attempting

if you haven't decided anything yet, say so

i would recommend the race version, but you won't be able to use the drive by wire, you should convert to an sc300 intake manifold and throttle body (you can buy mine if you like) and use the drive by pedal setup, so that there are not any issues

-gte

1 - 12 of 12 Posts