Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I found this site linked from a beemer site that was bashing the is300. Sheesh...

anyways, I just got the car yesterday, and it's awesome. Last saturday, I ALMOST bought a WRX. All I had to do was sign on the dotted line...but then as I sat there, I was thinking, "damn, 26K out the door for this car...I think I need something with more class".

Well, a week later, after losing sleep about what car to get, I just happened to stumble upon the IS300 SC. I was really looking at getting a wagon with AWD (audi a4, 325xi, WRX, Passat 4motion) since my wife and I head out to the mountains an awful lot during the winter. But when I got into the Lexus for a test drive, I just said, "this is it."

I didn't even consider the others again. I was so glad with my decision though, because I would've really hated to have on my conscience the fact that German cars just aren't reliable as Japanese cars. I mean, you have people that say good about those german cars, but you have people talking complaining about the problems. I have never heard anything bad said about lexus. So I have peace of mind, a car with great resale value, and no worries about reliability.

Anyways, I like this site a lot. Tell me, what's the first thing I should do with this car? I've been out of the import scene since '96 (when I quit my job at the fix up shops to go back to school). What brands should I look for (intake) and where do I get it? 6 years removed from modding, I've got the itch again. :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mods depend on what you are after. For the stealth and clean look, debadge that pig. For protection on the cheap, get yourself some Grabowski mud flaps from Pep Boys. If you have 16 inch wheels and need to drive in snow, throw out your stock tires and get some good snows. If you have 16s, get some 17" or 18" summer tires and lightweight wheels. The Bridgestone S03s seems to be the best summer tires. Coil-overs are a popular upgrade. You will find it is slim pickings for Sportcross stuff in general sompared to sedan upgrades, at least as far as suspension and body kits go.

Welcome

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats on the car, you will grow to love it the more you drive it. :D

Depending on whether you want a fast car, a show car, or what not; there are different mod tracks you can take. This website has a wealt of information on all of the modification tracks you can go on and another questions you may have can be answered. If you need any information please don't be afraid to ask. Again, congrats on a great choice of cars. 8)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats orangebang on your new ride. Good to see another so. Cali sportx owner. Just a couple of ?.....color, dealership, price, and yr.
Been checking out some of the local dealers in oc and don't see any sportx at all on the lots. Maybe the valley is a different story.

Sportx is so rare they are very unique. Get a lot of double takes from drivers as I wait at a red signal.

You and your wife will love this car. My better half wants to take our ibp over her 2k Odyssey. Oh well, go to be flexible.

later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
mandalorian
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing