Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the new ca smog test has apparently dashed my hope for boost since even mike (plp) has told me that both of his kit will only pass the tail pipe test but not the visual.

but after all the waiting and saving, i am still more than eager to boost my is300, so if anyone could provide perhaps a hint or an assistance regarding this matter, pls pm or post me some advice.

i dont really care if you guys have a "backdoor" solutions, as long as i can keep both my car and the kit during my scheduled 2005/06 smog test. and yes, to install and reinstall before and after the smog test is not an option as that will personally be too much of a hassle and cost.

thanks
alvin

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Remember the bay area is classified as an ehanced smog polluted area. What that means is that each year randomly %15 of registered cars will need to goto a state approved smog shop for inspection. %15 is a pretty large number IMO, the only other area affected is LA county so far, if there are other counties please post them up Cali owners.

don't you just love smog check II

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no one in the bay super/turbo charged their is300 ???

·
Registered
840 Posts
dude, go with SRT man. there is one stage 4 with 2 BOVs and NOS line. You will every car on the street including Ferrari and those millionaires cars. hehehe...BTW, I am looking for 2JZ-GTE swap. I saw one of them at their website (Direct from Japan) cost about 280.000 JYEN plus shipping. Can't wait how much that will be.
Do you know if I can upgrade just from 2jz-gte engine like most supras do? BTW, the engine is the complete engine. it's including ecu, and all the hardware and wiring.

We'll see how it turns out, hehehhe....good luck bro!
How's indo?

ceto

·
Registered
115 Posts
if you do the 2JZ-GTE swap, i assume youll be buying engine parts for the supra then.

you can probably try to bribe the guy giving your test depending what kind of shop you go to. i know lotta people who do this actually, but a lot of smog checkers wont do it. if the plp s/c passes one portion, it will probably be easier...

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Benign said:
no one in the bay super/turbo charged their is300 ???
Jesus Christ, this is bad...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Alvin,

Do you want 2JZ-GTE engine swap. It was on JDM 97 Supra. I can get it for you, and upgrade the turbo. I think you will get huge power out of it.
PM me if you wanna see the pic

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
B2001AS said:
Alvin,

Do you want 2JZ-GTE engine swap. It was on JDM 97 Supra. I can get it for you, and upgrade the turbo. I think you will get huge power out of it.
PM me if you wanna see the pic
hey watsup bro
the problem is, until today, i couldnt even find an installer for a turbo less a gte swap, plus that smog shit test :eek:

besides, my budget still stands at 7k, so i doubt the swap will work, thank you for the offer nevertheless :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Benign-

It helps immensly to know people. I am from up north. As in Sonoma County. I have a good smog hookup (clean emissions test for a boosted car) Keep track of my Screen name and PM me when your time comes...As long as you don't mind driving to Santa Rosa. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts