BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
I love those wheels what size did you get

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love those wheels what size did you get

These are 18 x 7.5 in the front and 18 x 8 in the back.

I went with 245 40 18 in the rear and 225 40 18 in the front.

Im just worried that they look a little too beefy for the rims. But then again, with the shit roads up here in CT.. i need the extra amount of sidewall

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
they look good. now drop that sucker! :approve:

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Not too meaty on the tires, just needs that drop.

Aesthetically speaking, the fender gap should be less than the sidewall height.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went out today to sort of figure an allowable drop, and here it stands: two fingers gap in the back and 3 fingers in the front...

I am thinking .75" in the front and .5" in the rear. Don't know what to do with the suspension

I will say this tho, these things handle like complete beasts with 245's on the back, it really is an animal lol

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I went out today to sort of figure an allowable drop, and here it stands: two fingers gap in the back and 3 fingers in the front...

I am thinking .75" in the front and .5" in the rear. Don't know what to do with the suspension

I will say this tho, these things handle like complete beasts with 245's on the back, it really is an animal lol
Sounds like you need some Eibach Prokits.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you need some Eibach Prokits.
I was lookin at the prokit - 1 inch drop all the way around. I think that would put it at a good ride height, but I am still thinking that 1 inch on the rear and it would rub

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
If you could give your offsets, someone will be able to tell you if it will rub. Keep in mind, the Eibachs aren't just lower, they're stiffer so there won't be as much suspension travel as stocks. Are you worried about it rubbing the fender or the inside (top) of the wheel well?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you could give your offsets, someone will be able to tell you if it will rub. Keep in mind, the Eibachs aren't just lower, they're stiffer so there won't be as much suspension travel as stocks. Are you worried about it rubbing the fender or the inside (top) of the wheel well?
The offsets are +45 all the way around. I am worried about the wheel rubbing the fender. That is true regarding the eibach suspension travel being reduced because of the spring rate. Any insight with the given offset?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New Milford, just outside Danbury.. what about you?

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I have 18x8 +45 in the back with 235/40s with a 2" H&R drop. With the 245's you may need to do some rolling/shaving of the fenders or dial in a bit of negative camber.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have 18x8 +45 in the back with 235/40s with a 2" H&R drop. With the 245's you may need to do some rolling/shaving of the fenders or dial in a bit of negative camber.
Well after being a dumbass and pulling the factory rims out of the trunk to unload 100 lbs out of the car lol, its a solid 3 fingers on each side.

I think im gonna toy with the eibach pro kit springs. Anybody know anything about tokico struts? I remember a buddy of mine had em on his max and loved em.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I believe tokico is the OE supplier for some car companies, including toyota/lexus if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts