1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether

Front 18X7.5 ET45 225-40-18
Rear 18X8.5 ET50 255-35-18

would work on an is300 with minimal shaving o_O Any suggestions? Also would like to know how they sit against the fender.
These are for a set of Advan RGIIs that I found in my local listings.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! Will these be tucked though? I'm looking for a somewhat aggressive offset and I'm hoping to fit 255 tires :/

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Those are very un-aggressive offsets... If you go for aggressive sizing like 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 +35 all around you should be able to get gtr face in the rear.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Those are very un-aggressive offsets... If you go for aggressive sizing like 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 +35 all around you should be able to get gtr face in the rear.
8.5/9.5 with +35 is pretty aggressive. there's some good fender massaging that'll need to be done. If you want to keep it minimal but aggressive, try an 8 up front with +40 and 9 +42 - this will sit pretty :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Aww, I was hoping to pick these up locally much cheaper than buying new! I guess I will wait it out.

Maybe I will opt for the work xd9s in

2 x 18x17.5 5x114.3 + 48
2 x 18x18.5 5x114.3 + 43

Here is a pic for reference

What do you guys think? I need to be able to fit at least a 255/35/18 in the back! Just to clarify, I'm not looking for EXTREME offsets. Just something that is not too tucked. Preferably flush with the fender

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
i almost got RGII's when i was looking for rims.. but they were too expensive.

but as for the XD9s ... thats what i got. they're bronze 18x8 +45 so here's a pic so you can get an idea...

and here's the link to a couple more pictures (not the best)
http://my.is/forums/f90/got-tired-w...-new-wheels-drop-new-pics-353403/#post5257706

or dwards_is300 has 18x8 +45 fr and 18x9 +43 r
(i hope dward doesnt mind me posting his pic)

and here's the link to more pics of his car
http://my.is/forums/f90/through-years-many-pics-inside-331799/

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Brilliant. That's exactly the advice he wanted. Thus, the thread titled "How can I get GTR Face in the Rear."

To the OP, yes those will fit. And by fit, I mean you will be able to put them on without any trouble with tires that were designed to fit the wheels. You know, the definition that most of the world uses.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Brilliant. That's exactly the advice he wanted. Thus, the thread titled "How can I get GTR Face in the Rear."

To the OP, yes those will fit. And by fit, I mean you will be able to put them on without any trouble with tires that were designed to fit the wheels. You know, the definition that most of the world uses.
do you follow ill roller around all the time?

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
No. I like to browse the wheel forums to check out people's setups and offer my limited experience as assistance.

Look, someone has to be the voice of reason for people saying that 19x9.5 +35 is perfect fitment. Not everyone likes stretched tires, negative camber, and rolling fenders. If there was a thread titled, "Looking to Get an Aggressive Stretched Setup" I would stay out of it. This jerkoff doesn't seem to be able to stay out of "Looking for Easy Fitment" threads.

Don't offer advice people aren't asking for. We all know you are Mr. Super Offset McStretch. That's awesome.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+ rep for the pics blue_is

Lol well thanks for the help guys. I've pretty much determined that 35+ is way to extreme of an offset for me. I was looking for an offset somewhat similar to Antman's xt7s.

Here is a link for reference.
http://my.is/forums/f99/fs-work-xt7-18-staggared-south-florida-sold-326327/

Would the RGs look like those? I would like to get away with minimal shaving

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
No. I like to browse the wheel forums to check out people's setups and offer my limited experience as assistance.

Look, someone has to be the voice of reason for people saying that 19x9.5 +35 is perfect fitment. Not everyone likes stretched tires, negative camber, and rolling fenders. If there was a thread titled, "Looking to Get an Aggressive Stretched Setup" I would stay out of it. This jerkoff doesn't seem to be able to stay out of "Looking for Easy Fitment" threads.

Don't offer advice people aren't asking for. We all know you are Mr. Super Offset McStretch. That's awesome.
If you took the time to read threads rather than come in just to hate, you would see that he said in the post above mine that he wanted a somewhat aggressive setup, so I offered up an idea for a somewhat aggressive setup. As for the rest of what you said, you're clearly just talking out of your ass. Keep up this whole being an asshole thing, you're pretty good at it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
are there any pics of rg2's on a IS??

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
If you took the time to read threads rather than come in just to hate, you would see that he said in the post above mine that he wanted a somewhat aggressive setup, so I offered up an idea for a somewhat aggressive setup. As for the rest of what you said, you're clearly just talking out of your ass. Keep up this whole being an asshole thing, you're pretty good at it.
Fair enough. Welcome to my ignore list. Let everyone take your stupid advice on the stretched tire fad. 18x9.5 +35....somewhat aggressive? That's great, man, just great. Anyone dumb enough to listen to you deserves it. Again, don't bother with a retort, you've made the cut.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Fair enough. Welcome to my ignore list. Let everyone take your stupid advice on the stretched tire fad. 18x9.5 +35....somewhat aggressive? That's great, man, just great. Anyone dumb enough to listen to you deserves it. Again, don't bother with a retort, you've made the cut.
HAHA, another one bites the dust... Go about your life being closed-minded and ill informed, it will be better for both of us.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
This message has been hidden from you because ill roller is on your ignore list.

Much better.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
I know you still read it ;)

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
In regards to mister chief, I don't think anyone has run rg2's on an IS, but here is a set on a wingless evo. Might help you get an idea for the look:

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Front 18X7.5 ET45 225-40-18 is very safe, you can go to 8" and still not need any fender work in the front at +45

I don't like those Work XD9 wheels at all, but thats just me :)

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I was wondering whether

Front 18X7.5 ET45 225-40-18
Rear 18X8.5 ET50 255-35-18

would work on an is300 with minimal shaving o_O Any suggestions? Also would like to know how they sit against the fender.
These are for a set of Advan RGIIs that I found in my local listings.
the size offsets you listed would work but the wheels will be tucked. looks like these wheels only come in limited offsets. if you want to do something real conservative i would go with a 18x8 and 18x9 +45 all around. with a little roll and you can run 235 in the front and 255 in the rear.

ADVAN RG II

1 - 20 of 23 Posts