Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of the bad roadways of Michigan, I prefer not to buy a brandname set of wheels.
I am looking for an Advan Kreuzer Series 5 replica. If u know of any other similar wheels, please post them. :D

The replica below is made by ALT and is available in 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern & widest is 18 x7.5. Please provide feedback.

Kreuzer

Wannabe Kreuzer

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
:x I hate replicas, I understand where you are coming from on the street issue, but the replicas are not looking too good to me.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
those do sorta resemble kreuzers... cept the kreuzers have more of a polished inside lip, which is pretty cool. those center caps gotta go tho... honestly, i wouldnt buy knock offs. im not sure about the quality of ALT wheels, but most knock offs seem to be bad quality.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Those knock offs look pretty good. What's the price of the knock off vs the real thing? If the roads in Michigan are as bad as you say there are, you might be giving yourself more of a headache with knock offs since their quality normally sucks. Imagine hitting a nasty pothole and bending a rim every other month.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lambchop11078 said:
Those knock offs look pretty good. What's the price of the knock off vs the real thing? If the roads in Michigan are as bad as you say there are, you might be giving yourself more of a headache with knock offs since their quality normally sucks. Imagine hitting a nasty pothole and bending a rim every other month.
The knock-offs are $200 a piece. I am also concerned about the quality, as I do not want keep replacing knock-offs everytime it's damaged.

"You get what you pay for", as they say.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
SexyLex said:
lambchop11078 said:
The knock-offs are $200 a piece. I am also concerned about the quality, as I do not want keep replacing knock-offs everytime it's damaged.

"You get what you pay for", as they say.
I honestly wouldn't get them. So $200 a piece, that's just the rim right? If that's the case then you have ~$1700 budget for rims. My advice is save up an extra grand and get the real thing. Do you like the Advan Kreuzer Series X?

Import Hookup is selling them with tires for $2980. Here's the link if you're interested. http://www.importhookup.com/wheeloptions/special.htm

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
there are no nice replicas of the kreuzers. i know this as i have searched far and wide for them. if you want the kreuzer styling you will have to bite the bullet and buy the real things

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
kruezers arent that weak... houston has got some major pothole issues, esp. downtown... i've managed to bend one :lol: . got it fixed tho and looks brand new...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The problem with cheaper rims in a five star pattern is that they are extremely weak. for instance, I have Moda R6 (they are 5 stars if ya dont know) and they are definitely cheap rims (~200 or so each). well, I just nailed a pothole the other day and bent the shit out of one of them.

Granted these are 19s, but still, it sucks. Cause I guarantee at some point you'll bend one, then when yer drivin around you'll get vibration that is so friggin annoying. I am gonna get it fixed, but just waiting till winter so I can put my other rims on and get these fixed.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
you get what u pay for.. i couldn't say this enough! but i do understand michigan roads... used to live there for 18 years... if you're gonna get rims, get better rims that will be stronger vs. cheaper rims which will prolly be more prone to either bending or breaking.

just learn to drive better and be more aware of potential situations... dont digress on the set of wheels you want... bad move imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts