Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my IS 300 and I have noticed that the headlights shine basically straight down. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the headlights so that they shine out a little in front of my car. They really brighten up the road for about 10 feet then its done..... I know there is an automatic headlight leveling system but is there anything i can do manually?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Welcome

Could search the forum on manual adjust or look in the owners book on it

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Basically when you open the hood and look down at the headlights you will see two bolts with "gear like" washers. If you slide a phillips screwdriver into the gear and turn it this will cause the lights to go up and down (top low beam gear) left right (bottom low beam gear). You will want to use a drill with a long phillips bit because you need to turn it several times just to get a little angle on the lights.

Also, you will want to pull up to a wall or garage door on a level surface so you have a gauge see how much you are rasing the light. Be cautious not to rais them too much or you will be blinding other drivers.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Thanks, I try.

BTW, I forgot to mention that you want to turn the gear counter clockwise to raise the beam and clockwise to lower it.

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
160 Posts
nice!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts