Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to adjust the length of time it takes for the Auto Headlights to turn on and off?

The owners manual states that the interval can be adjusted but refers you back to the dealer. I'd hate to take it in for something simple and risk scratches or dings.

If someone knows how, I'd appreciate the info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
response

there is a sensor on top of your dashboard on the driver side. Turning it clockwise or counter clockwise will adjust the time interval. just play with it to adjust it to your liking.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Re: response

jadrexler said:
there is a sensor on top of your dashboard on the driver side. Turning it clockwise or counter clockwise will adjust the time interval. just play with it to adjust it to your liking.
eh? :-?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: response

can someone please confirm this...? i have found no such sensor on the dash. are you talking about the 2 sensors near the edge of the windshield?

jadrexler said:

·
8,880 Posts
Dealer can program it.
They will also record in their database your previous value and the new one in case you're not happy with the end result so they can revert it if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts