Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i took my car over to get an alignment today since i hadnt since i put my springs on and they couldnt do the rear. they said it was due to a bad job being done on an alignment in the past and this piece on the cam or something was overlapping where it shouldnt be. not really sure how to explain it sorry. but the guy said what can fix it are Adjustable Rear Toe Links. so i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this and where i could find these. thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have H&R springs which are about the same drop as yours 1.7". i fixed my alignment with megan traction rods not toe links.. as for your toe link problem you need to ask the mechanic to be more specific. unless the toe links are broken i dont see why you'd have to replace them. you could replace the cam bolts if that's the problem. again...you need the traction rod more than you need the toe link but if you get both it'll make the alignment that much easier.....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
You may have to contact the dealer to replace that part. The drop on your car doesn't have a big effect on the toe like it does on camber. Can you take a picture of the overlap your describing? Ive done the alignment a couple of times already on mine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the same problem where the rear toe adjusts the lip that the cam sets on for the adjustment, when it start to reach the max adjustment the cam will bend the lip and jump out of alignment. Is there a toe link that eliminates the cam design and is just threaded on the shaft to make the adjustments. I hope that makes sense

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Yes the formed lip is very weak and usually it rolls off if the toe cam bolt is loosened too much....so it gets a little over the lip, then it just rolls the lip out of the way. I have been able to get a little bit of the lip back with a long cold chisel and adding a formed gusset into the eccentric flange. An adjustable link would help in a few ways so you can go that route with Megan or one that I will make eventually.

Fig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts