Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody tried to do this yet?
When I purchased my car, I got everything except the heated seats and LSD.

I'm wondering how hard it is add the heated seats to the car. I know that when I pull out the center piece (where the buttons go) the plug/harness for heated seats are there.... so I know I don't need to wire anything up...
I know that for some cars... everything is there and hooked up already..and all you need is a button or a switch. Is this the case for heated seats?

TIA

·
Registered
805 Posts
BUMP>>>

I would like to know this to. I wonder if all the seats are produced the same. If so i would forsure go out and buy the switch in order to be able to use the seat warmers. Anyone able to answer his question???

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- Its too hot for heated seats here in San Diego :pissed: <--- thats showing heat, not being pissed.. :lol:

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dut said:
- Its too hot for heated seats here in San Diego :pissed: <--- thats showing heat, not being pissed.. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean. But I figured if all I have to do is go out and buy the switches, and plug the wire harness into them to get heated seats I can add some value to the car. :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
kraze8 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. But I figured if all I have to do is go out and buy the switches, and plug the wire harness into them to get heated seats I can add some value to the car. :D
- Your car is worth enough already.. you have a 2001 with ONLY 12,000 miles!!!!

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dut said:
kraze8 said:

- Your car is worth enough already.. you have a 2001 with ONLY 12,000 miles!!!!
14000 miles now. :wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump ^^

anyone? There's gotta be someone who has tried this....

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
The seat covers are different. Cars equipped with heated seats actually have a heating element sewn into the fabric of the seatcover with a wire that plugs into the harness.

I know where you can get one cheap too! :wink:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
the car is wired up, but you would need to buy the seats that have the actual heating elements in addition to the switches and etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts