Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm sure this question has been asked before, but after doing a search and going through the FAQ several times I may have missed it, so I am apologizing in advance. Anyhow, is it possible to add an aftermarket stereo and not lose nav functionality? A couple of installers I've talked to haven't sounded too confident that this is possible. Thanks for any input.

·
WORLDWIDE
264 Posts
Check out this site, the guy posts here from time to time but this is a link to his site, the bypass is a little different now but it does the same thing, I picked one up for around $150.

Nav Bypass

·
Registered
339 Posts
sdmike, I had the same question when I first got my IS300. I was able to successfully replace my stock headunit and put an aftermarket deck while keeping my OEM nav. It works great. I was getting conflicting anwers from several people about this. I found this post and it resolved everything for me:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=159466

I printed this out and took it to my installers. They took care of everything. Let me know if you have any questions. I can give you some advice from my experience. :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
J SWO said:
Check out this site, the guy posts here from time to time but this is a link to his site, the bypass is a little different now but it does the same thing, I picked one up for around $150.

Nav Bypass
nice find!

·
WORLDWIDE
264 Posts
Mike are you in San Diego? I'm guessing that or South Dakota. If you in San Diego, we could meet up some where if you'd like to take a look at my set up. Just shoot me a PM.

Jay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J SWO said:
Mike are you in San Diego? I'm guessing that or South Dakota. If you in San Diego, we could meet up some where if you'd like to take a look at my set up. Just shoot me a PM.

Jay
You've got a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts