Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys, From reading all the B.S. between the acura and is owners. here's what I got so far.

Acura type-s

Car has more HP,
Car is faster in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile.
Car is more luxurious
Offers a navi for 2k more.

Is-300

Car has a better platform
Car handles better in twisties
Car is RWD
Car offers manual gearbox

There you guys go. Did I leave anything out?

As you can see, the cars are BOTH different in every way.

The type-s is a speed demon, where the Is-300 is a sporty little twistie machine.
Also the type-s is DANGERIOUS AS HELL for ANYONE that is not a good driver at high speeds. this car WILL LOOSE CONTROL Thus CRashing and burning.

------------------
Acura 2001 3.2 CL-S
Miami, Fl.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
They are totally different cars, stop comparing them. Here is a valid comparison.
Sports Sedan: IS300, 3 series, C-class
near-luxury coupe: Volve C70, CL-S
entry leve Luxury sedan: TL, ES, I30
luxury coupe: SC series, CLK, XK8
Mid-size luxury sedan: 5 series, GS series, E-class, S-Type.

I know I am missing a few here, but would everyone please compare cars only in their own category? Some one these comparison seem a bit out of the places.
BTW, CL-S is a nicely build car, but it is not build with the some concept and idea as IS300 and its competitors. Honda's idea was to build a high horsepower coupe that can replace the old Legend coupe and satisfy current Accord owners the need for power. The car is not build as good of a quality (craftsmanship)as some of the cars at the higher price range, but it is probably one of the best at the price range it is in. Samething goes for the IS300.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
i don't get why everyone has to fight, just let it be.
If that's the case, we should have world peace.

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
816 Posts
mrclam: The IS300 owners did not look for this fight, but we certainly weren't going to lie down when attacked with slurs and mis-representations.

Jayru: Your list is about right. You might want to consider adding that the IS300 is a terrific drifting machine, which is one of the reasons why the Altezza (Japanese versio of the IS300) is as popular as it is in Japan (drifting is a popular Japanese enthusiast pasttime), enabling it to win two consecutive Japanese Car of the Year awards.

BTW, in light of your recent misfortune, you don't want to burn too many bridges with the IS300 community. If you do eventually decide to replace your damaged CL-S with an IS300, it would suck to have no community to help you out.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
yeah, don't be such an a hole, but atleast your opening paragraph was intelligent and well founded.

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
"http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Saying that a "skilled" driver is needed to control the CL-S is the nicest way of saying that it just doesn't handle very well.

--k

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
A lot of comparisons are based on the price tag, which does influence the decision to purchase a particular car. Both the IS and CL cost around $30k (plus or minus), and that's what leads to the comparison.

And along the lines of what DtEW said, I consider the Altezza as the spiritual successor of the AE86 Corolla.

[This message has been edited by JW (edited December 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
To get the whole "war" thing out of the way,i guess its like how they named it the war to end all wars,but #4 is on the way..like arsenio used to say "things that make you go hmmmmm"..Totally different cars by the way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well i would jsut like to add that the is300 doesnt have a manueel gearbox. it has the gear shift onthe stearing wheel like the gs400 had. IT was a prroblem with that car and it will be a problem with yours. I love our SS mode but not being able to control 1-2 or 2-1 is such a problem. Can u guys contrl 1-2 or 2-1. IT makes sucha difference when dragging with IS300s. I just pop it inot 1st gear at the botom of te gear shifter and i can shift all teh way up to 5 at whatever RPMs i want. Now thats the way to smoke the lex.

------------------
silver acura cl-s

·
Registered
28 Posts
chiem
Saying that a "skilled" driver is needed to control the CL-S is the nicest way of saying that it just doesn't handle very well.
--k

so you're saying that you would have been able to take the same turns he did in your is300 and not have the same results? quit bashing the car, it's obviously him going nuts that caused his accident

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by DtEW:
mrclam: The IS300 owners did not look for this fight, but we certainly weren't going to lie down when attacked with slurs and mis-representations.

Jayru: Your list is about right. You might want to consider adding that the IS300 is a terrific drifting machine, which is one of the reasons why the Altezza (Japanese versio of the IS300) is as popular as it is in Japan (drifting is a popular Japanese enthusiast pasttime), enabling it to win two consecutive Japanese Car of the Year awards.

BTW, in light of your recent misfortune, you don't want to burn too many bridges with the IS300 community. If you do eventually decide to replace your damaged CL-S with an IS300, it would suck to have no community to help you out.
Who said anything about me replacing my cl-s with an is-300? If I had to replace this car, I'd keep my pickup truck or get a civic. I am however keeping my type-s and having it fixed. My boy, johnny, is gonna take care of me. It's gonna take a LONG time, But I will be back on the road, and the longer it takes, the more I can appreciate this car, AND THINK ABOUT MY MISTAKE!

------------------
Acura 2001 3.2 CL-S
Miami, Fl.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I test drove both cars several times before deciding on the IS. Although I still ponder what a CL's would be like with a pair of drag radials in the front and a 75shot of nos.

CAN YOU SAY STANG STALKER!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
yeah, don't be such an a hole, but atleast your opening paragraph was intelligent and well founded.

Humm. atleast I got you beat. You've lacked to say ANYTHING intelligent, period.

See, there you go being the a$$hole that you've proven to be. Do me a favor and don;t reply to my posts. Ok. Your no womanizer, and you MIGHT qualify as the FAT GIRLS pimp, Maybe. Loser.

------------------
Acura 2001 3.2 CL-S
Miami, Fl.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts