Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Sure that's not the next gen CL? Sure looks a lot like it...except for the 4 doors.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited December 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
ooops..hehehe. Didn't let the page load. OOooOoOOo....a turbo'd four doesn't sound bad but I doubt it though, it's almost too agressive for an Honda/Acura car. A V-6 would be a nice change from the usual 4 banger.

The sketch kinda looks like a Solara. I dunno about that third door...I hope they don't make it look like that Saturn. You know the one where they have the Wide Body Civic and the truck and they ask the Saturn owner "how'd you trick out the door?" PLEASE NO!!!!

[This message has been edited by GPR (edited December 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well if history is consistent with Acura, they tend to put out "radical" sketches of their concept cars, they state that "the production vehicle will look very much like this concept", but then the actual car that comes out for sale is a VERY tame version of the concept.

Remember the CL-X concept car that hit the auto shows just before the original 2.3CL? That car looked pretty sweet, with sharply raked glass and sheetmetal. However, what actually came out was a shortened Accord coupe with a funky alien-eye back end.

Honda issued some sketches for the TL-X too. Not too bad-looking, but what actually came out was the 3.2TL, another typical Honda, slab-sided with a few sheetmetal bevels here and there, with a generic front and rear view.

So I would take the RS-X drawings with a grain of big salt. Basically, the production car will have the acura 5-point grill, but of course those radical upswept body lines (side view) will not make it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
toyotatech
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing