Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a former Acura Dealer all i can say is take a long hard look at your CL-S's tightness. Have you noticed yet that your body panels AREN'T FREAKIN aligned? Look at the seams in the doors and the hood. All of them are off!! Look at the integra's and the nsx...perfect alignment. Look at the assembly of your interior panels...the fit and finish up close. Did you remember pulling out "where the hell did this come from" pieces of plastic?. Did you see all the exposed bolts in the door jams???

I DID cause i was prepping the damn car for you fools!!!!!

So....why? Its not Made in Japan bitch!!!! long live vin's that start with "J"!!!!!! Long live lexus with J vin's. Lexus should never be built in america (no problem with american quality...just union quality). That's when lexus will be like USA acura's in build quality!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i drive a honda civic right now and i love it. but i have to say that the build quality is nowhere near that of lexus. when i first picked up my car, i noticed, like rotarybzzz said, that my panels were not aligned. my doors were slightly off and sticking out, my hood was slightly in, and my trunk lid was off to the side. boy, was i disappointed with the americans who built my car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Didn't they say that for the next generation RX300 Toyota was going to build a plant in US so they can keep up with the demand needed?? Oh NO!!!!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by NJtype-s:
HEY EVERYTHING MADE IN USA SUCK,
I guess that's why the CL has so many quality problems. They're built in OHIO!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited December 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by NJtype-s:
oh i will live through it , cuz i aint lucky enough to die yet!! I did a 360 doing 120+ hit a divider and only 700 dollers damage?
I was testing the limits of my car so i know what it can and cant do. I was buzzed and stupid and it was snowing last night so i guess im a moran soo what.
I SMOKE AND DRINK TOO MUCH SO WHAT?
At +120 mph did a 360, hit the highway divider, and still stay alive? Unbelievable...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've heard some other Acura owners complain about slight misalignment problems.......mostly the trunk lid isn't flush with the quarter panels. But I don't think its really too common. My Type-S has perfect panel alignment. Maybe I was just lucky, 'cause its an early-build car (Mar 00) and looks/performs flawlessly so far.....

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

·
Registered
36 Posts
RotaryBzzz, I agree with you.
When I was looking at a TL (never looked at CL as there are not enough doors for me), my car savy friend noticed all the little misallignments of the panels, imperfect interior panel fitment and other things.
The lexus I test drove had only one minor imperfection and the one actually bought was pretty much perfect.
My friend drives an older Acura and that car is still tight as a drum and assembly is flawless.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by bigjoejack:
Rotary, Your a ****kin idiot too. Both my parents drive a lexus(gs & Rx) and neither of their cars are flawless. You have ****t for brains and your car (IS300) looks like a toyota echo. With rims of course. Loser
are you saying that your parents both got a flawed car???

don't understand, maybe you can rephrase it a little better?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by bigjoejack:
Rotary, Your a ****kin idiot too. Both my parents drive a lexus(gs & Rx) and neither of their cars are flawless. You have ****t for brains and your car (IS300) looks like a toyota echo. With rims of course. Loser
I understand that no car is perfect, but no need for this bashing sh*t.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK you guys are gettting FU**ING RIDICULOUS!! How old are you guuys? just because a body panel is off by like 2mm doesn't mean sh!t. I mean this whole rivalry thing was funny in the begining but now its down right stuppid. Get off your selves, ok you dropped 35g's on a Lex, they dropped 32g's on an Acura, big deal neither one of you is better then the next, thier both cars, and thats what it comes down to.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To the acura trolls here: this post originated out of one user's attacks on lexus quality. As you might have noticed this post evolved yesterday. Also as you might have noticed, i have praised some acura cars quality (ie nsx, integra).

To Bigjoejack....f u c k off assh*ole....i don't even own an IS300. Have you ever even openned the hood of your own car?

have a nice day
94 Rx7 13BTT 320hp in 2600lbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
bzzz... not only is the CL built in the US its also designed in the US. My dad owns one and overall the car has been great. But stupid little things like plastic pieces have fallen off, granted the dealer took care of them, but they never should have fallen off.

His next car... an S4.

Long live the Rotary

Later,

------------------
Justin
'90 GSX
2nd Gen RX-7
Auburn Extreme Racing Club
Not A Business Racing

·
Registered
333 Posts
The problems I had with my car were so minor, they didn't bother me.. I am very happy with the build quality of the car..I am disappointed that it's not up to Japan standards, but you live with what you get I guess..
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs,Comptech Exhaust, Inspire tails, Air filter, Guy Smiley as my Co-driver...many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

·
Registered
6 Posts
Former dealer? dealer of what? what the hell were you selling? check your cars for what? at lest cl dont brake, like some other cars...ohh that would be is300, go to the cl forum and show me one person complaining about their car? just keep posting about different things that brake in your cars, keep me posted, casue if somebody i know will ever want to buy an is300, i could warn him how big of a piece of **** that car is...THANX GUYS...PEACE

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You people need to read the whole message before you spout off! Read the text "former acura dealer". Gosh what does that mean? He sold Ford's??????? Geeezzzz.

I challenge anyone saying that the Lexus's quality is poor to go to a lexus dealership and check out ALL the lexus's for construction imperfections. Look at the door creaeses and seams. Look at the hood and trunk placement alignment. Look at the interior. Look at the clearcoat. Now go to the acura dealership and look at the TL and CL. Compare and contrast build fit and finish. While your there check out how the RL, NSX (if they have one) and integras "feel".

Don't you people realize that this is only what's on the surface??? Cars are thousands of mechanicals pieces moving together in motion. The CL-S is a good car but realize when you look at it that the chances of it being less perfectly assembled are higher than the Lexus your comparing it to. This is not an absolute.

Let me say that I am glad the CL-S exists. I am glad the IS300 exists. I'm glad we are (as car-buying consumers) getting away from the misguided and overpriced SUV craze. I am eternally grateful for choices in higher and high performace cars. But don't spout off about lexus sucking without seeing what your talking about...and how well built the car your driving is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts