Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone that owns a IS250 RWD, how much mpg are you getting?

And how many total miles per tank are you getting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
the trans and engine ecu have an intelligence function that learns and adjusts to its driver . give the car a couple thousand miles before actual numbers are ready.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had this car for about 3 weeks and i commute 30 miles each way to work. I average about 29mpg. Whenever i pump gas it only pumps a little over 15 gallons and i get about 410 miles per tank. I am sure you can squeeze more out of the tank because i haven't let it run to the point where it is running on vapors yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am only able to pump 15 gallons or so into my gas tank but the specs on the car say taht the gas tank is over 17 gallons. Does that mean that when my range gauge goes down to 0 that i still actually have 2 full gallons left in the tank?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
mofogasm said:
I am only able to pump 15 gallons or so into my gas tank but the specs on the car say taht the gas tank is over 17 gallons. Does that mean that when my range gauge goes down to 0 that i still actually have 2 full gallons left in the tank?
Yes in most cars nowadays there's a 1-2 gallon reserve when the empty light is illuminated. I think it's more of distance left to be traveled, than amount of fuel left.

·
Registered
90 Posts
but my gas light was already on for about 50 miles. So after the gas light is on for 50 miles, and the range gauge runs down to 0, there is still 2 gallons left in the tank?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Gas light comes on when the gas level in the tank is at ~2.9 Gals.

·
Registered
367 Posts
mofogasm said:
I've had this car for about 3 weeks and i commute 30 miles each way to work. I average about 29mpg. Whenever i pump gas it only pumps a little over 15 gallons and i get about 410 miles per tank. I am sure you can squeeze more out of the tank because i haven't let it run to the point where it is running on vapors yet.
is that all highway miles?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i also heard that it has a ecu which adjusts to each driver and it takes a couple of tanks to get that adjustment down. It seems like each tank i pump i get more and more miles. Anyone know if this is accurate and how long it takes for the ecu to become fully adjusted?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Probably 300-500 miles on the ECU. Also the car is wearing in, so mileage will get a little better due to that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts