Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks... Kponti, Malek, Sophie....?

trying to get a clear answer...i've read all the threads... but it isn't clear to my lame ass......:pissed:

plus I need some advice on how to handle disabling this thing...

1st......... my main q is DO we get a CEL from this thing by unplugging it ???
i noticed the electronic connector to the tank under the intake runners ??
some said yes other say no...?

2nd.. i disconnected the 'actuation rod' from the linkage for the butterfly valve... BUT i left the Butterfly valve in the plenum....
...is there any reason why this would NOT offer the same effect as breaking the valve off & totally removing it...??( i would have to break mine to get it out the screwheads are stripped)

3rd..there are two vacuum lines that i think go down to that canister.... these can be plugged or i can try to remove that canister...... Which is the better option do y'all think... if the canister is removed & the plug is left open, will that cause the CEL... Vs leaving the canister in, the plug connected & and just plugging up the vacuum lines to it...??

crap i gotta run i will elaborate on my current dilemma in an hour or so..

THANKS !!!

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
hey folks...redline814....?

2nd.. i disconnected the 'actuation rod' from the linkage for the butterfly valve... BUT i left the Butterfly valve in the plenum....
...is there any reason why this would NOT offer the same effect as breaking the valve off & totally removing it...??( i would have to break mine to get it out the screwheads are stripped)

THANKS !!!
Mine is rigged so it stays open 100% of the time. We left all the internal butterfly parts in there. No issues from 0-30psi.

·
truth versions only
4,704 Posts
From what Das said, the VSVs do not set off a CEL when disconnected. Mine did but that was cos it was in relation to the evap system. Leaving the plate in should not cause any issues. I took mine out cos I felt it was obstructing flow to cylinders 3 and 4, but thats relative and on a boosted car, will probably not matter since the whole plenum is pressurized anyway.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok,...

How do i get at that damn canister below the lower intake runners?

Also... there is a plug under the lower intake runnerjust past half way, connected to the ACIS tank i think....if Iremove the tank & pull that plug & leave it open it won't send some signal that somethign is messed up & toss a code or CEL? do all of you who dumped this system just unplug that connector & ziptie it back...?

Here are a few pics of where I am now....

Simply ziptied the shaft in place against the stop..... it is solid, not moving.

the vacuum actuator....

here is a pic of the OEM Vacuum lines on the 2002 Intake 'Y' etc ... there are three here ... the big one i think i have no place for.. he little ones are up from that acis canister under the runners right?

a little surgery needed to help custom parts developed separately play well together

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
here is a pic of the OEM Vacuum lines on the 2002 Intake 'Y' etc ... there are three here ... the big one i think i have no place for.. he little ones are up from that acis canister under the runners right?

the big one connects to the long runner that the Y connects to, you'll see it

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts