Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got everything coming in for a front end refresh and coilovers. I plan on spacing out my wheels closer to the fenders but getting the meatiest tires I possibly can. Looking at the fitment industries gallery it seems like most people achieve a nearly flush setup with minor/no rubbing and no fender modification on 17x8 +35 wheels. Using the fitment calculation it looks like this will be slightly poke in the front by about a milimeter, but that should be fine.

With the coilovers I'm not interested in getting aggressive high camber wheels set up, and I don't want to put the body on the ground. I want to lower the car enough to have a minimal wheel gap to the taller tires that I plan on getting. I also don't plan on tracking the car much if ever I just really like the look of the aggressive tire fitment with minimal camber.

The purpose of this post is for me to just put this info that I've found out there about 17x8 +35 wheels and I wanted to see if others agree. So let me know what you think about what I'm attempting to do here.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Buy a set of 17 x 8 IS(250/350) rims as the offset, centre bore, wheel nuts etc are correct and follow the picture below. Best bit is they can be cheap and already have good rubber on them. Max width for the front is 225/45 and the rear just rubs sometimes with 245/45, this is for a standard IS300 body. Can't have more offset on the front as rim will be on the suspension, can have a bit more offset on the back, but will be difficult to find rims with more offset than the Lexus ones. Wrong width rubber on the rim gives poor handling as does changing the offset, the further you go the worse it gets.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my original question isn’t very clear. But how well does 17x8 +35 fit on the car? Does a simple rolling of the fenders improve the “flushness”? By my calculation it exceeds the front fender by 1mm.

·
Mr. Roo
9,444 Posts
Those will fit just fine. Rolling is the only way to make anything "flush" though, otherwise, the metal lip is in the way. But with those wheels, you can avoid fender stuff by using smaller tires or not dropping so low. It's why I like coilovers, so I can adjust as needed. Basically, you can calculate the difference in "poke" of your current wheels vs your planned ones, and go out with a little ruler and measure it to see where it will end up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those will fit just fine. Rolling is the only way to make anything "flush" though, otherwise, the metal lip is in the way. But with those wheels, you can avoid fender stuff by using smaller tires or not dropping so low. It's why I like coilovers, so I can adjust as needed. Basically, you can calculate the difference in "poke" of your current wheels vs your planned ones, and go out with a little ruler and measure it to see where it will end up.
okay. It looks like we are on the same page here. I’ll take a few measurements this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts