Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings- I have very recently had some strange acceleration drops while driving. On the way back from school 2 days ago it the speed suddenly dropped with even pressure on the gas peddle. The RPM's dropped as well. I limped home and was too busy to address the issue. When I left for school the next day there were no issues. However on the way back the issue came back strong, requiring me to push the peddle all the way in to get speeds of 35 MPH with no RPM's over 2800ish.
I pulled over at a parts store to get it scanned and came up with 3 codes
P0980 - Shift Solenoid Control Circuit High
P0717 - Turbine/Input Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal
P2121 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Range/Performance

I have had the P0980 code for a while after I did a transmission fluid flush (used fluid from dealership, replaced fluid, not flushed) the mechanic said it was most likely debris that set off the sensor(which I believe since I have not had any slips in nearly year and a half since).

My question is if anyone has experienced any of these codes- I am having a difficult time finding info online for these that is relevant
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Greetings- I have very recently had some strange acceleration drops while driving. On the way back from school 2 days ago it the speed suddenly dropped with even pressure on the gas peddle. The RPM's dropped as well. I limped home and was too busy to address the issue. When I left for school the next day there were no issues. However on the way back the issue came back strong, requiring me to push the peddle all the way in to get speeds of 35 MPH with no RPM's over 2800ish.
I pulled over at a parts store to get it scanned and came up with 3 codes
P0980 - Shift Solenoid Control Circuit High
P0717 - Turbine/Input Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal
P2121 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Range/Performance

I have had the P0980 code for a while after I did a transmission fluid flush (used fluid from dealership, replaced fluid, not flushed) the mechanic said it was most likely debris that set off the sensor(which I believe since I have not had any slips in nearly year and a half since).

My question is if anyone has experienced any of these codes- I am having a difficult time finding info online for these that is relevant
Thanks!
The p2121 is your throttle issue. Replace the sensor or throttle body.
On the p0717 check your connections to the speed sensors on the tranny. If good, then get new sensors.
P0980 Yeah it may go away with a flush and sensor fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts