Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my ac works but it just does not blow out of the center vents. It blows out of the drivers side and passenger side but just not the middle. Can anyone help with an solution?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Servo motor is most likely bad. The MODE door servo is located on the passenger side of the car to the right of the radio as you’re looking it it. You will need to pull off the glove box to see it.
Oh alright but how can i tell if its good or not?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,811 Posts
Oh alright but how can i tell if its good or not?
It’s not. Otherwise you would have air from the center vents.

You can first turn on the air and then slowly select every airflow direction. Feet, face and feet, defrost etc... Verify that the air moves to every direction.

when you get back to the face mode, if you still only have air coming from the outside vents, then you need to replace the servi

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s not. Otherwise you would have air from the center vents.

You can first turn on the air and then slowly select every airflow direction. Feet, face and feet, defrost etc... Verify that the air moves to every direction.

when you get back to the face mode, if you still only have air coming from the outside vents, then you need to replace the servi
Yeah it still just doesnt come out of center vents, so what servo is it that I have to replace?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,811 Posts

this is the mode door servo. It sits just on the side of the HVAC box. You will need to remove the glovebox in order to see it.

·
Registered
2004 5-speed, w/ LSD & Sport package 😎
123 Posts

this is the mode door servo. It sits just on the side of the HVAC box. You will need to remove the glovebox in order to see it.
in order to remove the glovebox though, you'll need to take a good upside down look at the underside of the glove box. there should be 2 plastic "rivets" that to remove, you just punch one side and push. afterwards, fiddle around a bit to remove it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,811 Posts
Ok thank you so is it going to forsure be that tho?
Well in my personal experience with these Lexus and with blend doors in general this is where my “best guess” is being placed. I cannot day for certain that this will solve you issue because there are other potential culprits in play (climate control and/or wiring faults)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well in my personal experience with these Lexus and with blend doors in general this is where my “best guess” is being placed. I cannot day for certain that this will solve you issue because there are other potential culprits in play (climate control and/or wiring faults)
Would this be the right one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my ac works but it just does not blow out of the center vents. It blows out of the drivers side and passenger side but just not the middle. Can anyone help with an solution?
Center air vents not working, with the outer vents seemingly limited. My RX just got the same problem, so Google brought me here. I wasn't about to instantly jump into buying new parts, and I wasn't finding any other answers online, so I went old school and picked up the Owner's Manual Quick Guide. The manual gives a quick one-liner under Change of Airflow Mode. It says to press a button with a sitting stick figure and two arrows pointing to its face and legs. Pressed it once, nothing, twice, nothing, three times, center vents went full blast with air conditioning, outer vents normal.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it's an option to try without disconnecting anything.

·
4,742 Posts
Center air vents not working, with the outer vents seemingly limited. My RX just got the same problem, so Google brought me here. I wasn't about to instantly jump into buying new parts, and I wasn't finding any other answers online, so I went old school and picked up the Owner's Manual Quick Guide. The manual gives a quick one-liner under Change of Airflow Mode. It says to press a button with a sitting stick figure and two arrows pointing to its face and legs. Pressed it once, nothing, twice, nothing, three times, center vents went full blast with air conditioning, outer vents normal.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it's an option to try without disconnecting anything.
Just look at the mode servo when you change the setting. It is behind the stereo to the passenger side area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts