Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I apologize if this is a duplicate post, but I have not been able to find answers on my issue. I have an 09 IS250 AWD, which the AC is not draining to the outside and as a result has soaked the carpet. The majority of the water is under the passenger seat.

I have disassembled the area in and around the glove box as many posts led me to believe that the drain line should be located there. Unfortunately, I did not find one there. Next, I turned the car on with the AC running to find the leak. It appears to be coming out of a seam at the bottom of what I assume is where the heater core is located (see picture).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brett

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see there is a TSB for 06 & 07 models. From reading the TSB, it appears that the drain line is above the transmission. Does anybody know if the same is true on an 09? If that is the case, I will probably have to resort to taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everybody. I apologize if this is a duplicate post, but I have not been able to find answers on my issue. I have an 09 IS250 AWD, which the AC is not draining to the outside and as a result has soaked the carpet. The majority of the water is under the passenger seat.

I have disassembled the area in and around the glove box as many posts led me to believe that the drain line should be located there. Unfortunately, I did not find one there. Next, I turned the car on with the AC running to find the leak. It appears to be coming out of a seam at the bottom of what I assume is where the heater core is located (see picture).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brett
did you ever get his worked out? the TSB is for pulling a grommet under the transmission, but i want to know where its supposed to be draining in the first place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SOLVED: on the second generation IS250 the 2nd TSB calls for the removal of the grommet. on the AWD its located in the front over the transmission, drivers side, right next to the shift linkage is where you can snake your hand up. the TSB calls for removal of the exhaust and dropping the transmission, you do NOT have to do that. i used a borescope with my phone and duck taped a pick tool onto a coat hanger. water flows freely now. i sucked up bout a liter of water at the car wash vacuum the day before. i think i got lucky and i caught it right when it started. the carpets are drying up and i dont thik ill have to remove them. an easy way to help air out the carpet is to remove the plastic trim piece in the doors and pull up the carpet from those points just to let some air flow , seems to have done the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts