Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABS line was not touched during the job.
ABS light is NOT on,
Car brake normally under moderate to hard stop,
but when coasting and lightly braking the ABS would kick in very briefly just before the car comes to a halt.

Should I adjust the height sensors at all corner as well, if so by how much ?

Any ideas / suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I did my search before posting :wink:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
something is not right. unless your wheel is hopping off the ground, causing the ABS to kick in or something...

otherwise are you positive the abs line wasn't accidentally pulled/stretched/nudged/etc?

·
Registered
425 Posts
make sure the spring isn't sitting upside down on the perch...meaning the top on the bottom and the bottom on the top...it might throw the shocks off causing them to absorb wrongly and jump sparatically...let me know....i'll post pics if you need some....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joetx said:
make sure the spring isn't sitting upside down on the perch...meaning the top on the bottom and the bottom on the top...it might throw the shocks off causing them to absorb wrongly and jump sparatically...let me know....i'll post pics if you need some....
Would the springs even fit upside down ?

Anyway this was done by a certified mechanic who has worked on Lexus before and is well aware of the ABS sensor. Car behave normally otherwise.

It's puzzling that it's only doing it when it's nearing a dead stop when car is coasting down at less than 5 mph. Road surface is smooth, I'm NOT talking about the ABS kicking in on rough/irregular surface during braking that's normal.

Could a slight height diff (maybe 1/4") between driver & passenger side cause this ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
600+hp said:
joetx said:
Would the springs even fit upside down ?

Anyway this was done by a certified mechanic who has worked on Lexus before and is well aware of the ABS sensor. Car behave normally otherwise.

It's puzzling that it's only doing it when it's nearing a dead stop when car is coasting down at less than 5 mph. Road surface is smooth, I'm NOT talking about the ABS kicking in on rough/irregular surface during braking that's normal.

Could a slight height diff (maybe 1/4") between driver & passenger side cause this ?
yes, the springs would fit upside down... and no, the slight height diff. won't do it...

i don't know why it is doing that....i tired to help...good luck man...

·
Registered
7 Posts
ABS line was not touched during the job.
ABS light is NOT on,
Car brake normally under moderate to hard stop,
but when coasting and lightly braking the ABS would kick in very briefly just before the car comes to a halt.

Should I adjust the height sensors at all corner as well, if so by how much ?

Any ideas / suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I did my search before posting 😉
Did u get an answer to the ABS problem? My 2001 is300 is doing the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts