Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing about 35-40mph with the Trac Off and i turned, and i felt the ABS kicked in.

I used to do that on my '01 model with the Trac On, and everthing was o.k.

Is this normal?!?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And i thought the VSC was only availabe thru the 5-speed, where i have the E-Shift.

It was a hard corning thru 35 with the Trac Off, so i was wondering if this is normal or not?

·
8,880 Posts
BugginOuT said:
And i thought the VSC was only availabe thru the 5-speed, where i have the E-Shift...
VSC is only available with e-shift on 2002+ models.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
BugginOuT said:
And i thought the VSC was only availabe thru the 5-speed, where i have the E-Shift.

It was a hard corning thru 35 with the Trac Off, so i was wondering if this is normal or not?
sounds like the VSC was probably kicking in

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vlad_a said:
BugginOuT said:
And i thought the VSC was only availabe thru the 5-speed, where i have the E-Shift...
VSC is only available with e-shift on 2002+ models.
Is it standard or an optional feature?!?

XCstud said:
BugginOuT said:

sounds like the VSC was probably kicking in
never noticed that before. i always believe that it was the abs, assuming that's what happened when i step'd on the brakes.

·
8,880 Posts
VSC is optional. It is always active too, even with trac off.
It does not act the same way as ABS. ABS activates only when you brake and loose traction, whereas VSC helps you regain control if you start to swerve.
Check your sticker. Sounds as if you have it on your car. :lol:
BTW, there's some kind of beeping sound when it engages.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's strange...

I asked the salesperson once and he told me that the VSD was only available in the 5-Speed! :pissed:

I did go thru the sticker once, just to confirm it, but it wasn't listed.

·
8,880 Posts
:-? :-? :-?
Did you hear a beeping sound when that happened???

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wasn't sure..

Had the music on and the windows open, so it was kind of hard to notice the beeping noise.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
BugginOuT said:
That's strange...

I asked the salesperson once and he told me that the VSD was only available in the 5-Speed! :pissed:

your thinking LSD...different from VSC

·
8,880 Posts
WiLz said:
BugginOuT said:
That's strange...

your thinking LSD...different from VSC
Not necessarily. LSD was/is available with auto! See my sig.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am not sure about the 01s but the 02s have Electronic Brake Assist. If you apply the brakes quickly or quicker than normal the computer cuts in the ABS thinking you need to stop quicker than normal and the ABS will do a better job that you can.,

When I had my car on the track I found this to be a little anouying. At the end of every big straight I would get on the brakes and get into the ABS via the EBA and scrub off more speed than I wanted to. My car has VSC also and the bloody beeper was going off in every corner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts