Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Quick question about the ABS unit location;
We have just dropped Aristo 2JZGTE into the bay with custom built exhaust manifold. ABS unit sits in the stock location and all the lines do not touch the manifold nor intercooler piping. I would like to keep it this way and maybe built a heat shield, however i am concerned about the heat damage the turbo can cause..

I have used search and noticed that a lot of people relocate the unit to where the battery usually sits, and bent the tubes because the ABS unit and the lines do touch or interfeer with exhaust manifold.

There is also a relocation kit from "Finishing Lines" which makes the relocation easy..

Please let me know your thoughts..

Thanks!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Put the battery in the trunk and move the ABS block. If for nothing else, peace of mind. My brake line flaring skills suck, so I bought the kit from FL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I know that the most common way is relocating it, but i m wondering what can happen if i keep it where it is. Was hoping to hear from someone who has not relocated it, yet has a GTE block under the hood.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've not relocated my ABS. I have an ebay special "titanium" turbo blanket on the turbine housing and have had no issue despite the blanket actually touching the brake lines.

I inspect regularly for the first signs of the paint on the brake lines cracking/peeling, which I think would be a good indicator there's too much heat.

I don't think this would be acceptable for an endurance racing application, but for a street car that gets a few WOT pulls sometimes, it seems to be fine.

Just as a sidenote, I installed an ebay header on my old subaru legacy - and I spent a week building aluminum heat shields for it. I take thermal management seriously.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hello guys,

Quick question about the ABS unit location;
We have just dropped Aristo 2JZGTE into the bay with custom built exhaust manifold. ABS unit sits in the stock location and all the lines do not touch the manifold nor intercooler piping. I would like to keep it this way and maybe built a heat shield, however i am concerned about the heat damage the turbo can cause..

I have used search and noticed that a lot of people relocate the unit to where the battery usually sits, and bent the tubes because the ABS unit and the lines do touch or interfeer with exhaust manifold.

There is also a relocation kit from "Finishing Lines" which makes the relocation easy..

Please let me know your thoughts..

Thanks!
FYI, by the way. Wrong section. The go faster section is for Turbo stuff. https://www.my.is/forums/go-faster.114/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
01 SolarYellow
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing