Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the kind of person that will usually think twice, with my preivous cars. You know, "oh, I should have bought this, should have bought that...." But so far that I have my IS, doesn't happen. I really love the feeling in this car. I know when you talk about numbers or luxurious items, CL-S becomes a no brainer. Or jealousy from your friends, BMW 330 or MB C320 can also beat IS. I test drove all these cars b4 I bought the IS. Regardles of the price, IS is the only car that I feel like, "Alright,this is it!!" I'm glad that I make the decision.

I'm not starting any bashing in here, but I think one problem with the bimmer is that, is just too many of 'em on the street now. I hope that won't happen with IS.

·
11,061 Posts
I know what you mean. I went to the Seattle Auto Show this Fall with a little trepidation (what if I saw something I liked better?) ...but I left the show feeling that my IS300 (purchased in late summer) was still the best buy for me. That was gratifying...and satisfying.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's so nice to still love your new car even after the actual "new" part has pretty much worn off.
There are other cars on the road that are faster, handle a bit better, have more goodies, and maybe look sexier than my IS, but I'm still very happy with my decision.
Four months and 4k+ miles later, it's still tight, fast and fun. A good choice.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by AllRoy:
Were you disappointed by the Seattle auto-show? I was amazed at how small it was.
Yes, I was. I wanted to see that BMW Z8 I KNOW they have over on the East Side and they didn't even bring it! I complained to the BMW folks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know....they had almost no prototype cars and I agree the lack of a Z8 was a problem for me. I could not believe the Porsche area though. All cars locked with no Porsche represenatives!

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by AllRoy:
I know....they had almost no prototype cars and I agree the lack of a Z8 was a problem for me. I could not believe the Porsche area though. All cars locked with no Porsche represenatives!
Yeah, well, if they have it at the same place next year I'm not going. There isn't enough room to have a decent show...and the gallery up top had no neat stuff...and no samples of anything. (I was looking for some goodies.)

·
Registered
88 Posts
While driving to the golf course, my 21 year old mentioned buying a BMW 330 (he finally has access to his trust set up at age 0). I told him to go for it if that's what he wants but to also check out the GS400 (he already went to BMW with his boss since his boss wants one also).

Anyway, he wanted to drive the 30 miles back to his home from the course so I let him (he only drove the IS once - around the block).

Well, all the way back, he couldn't stop talking about how much he liked the car, the handling, interior, performance etc. When we got home, he said "I really want YOUR car!" I asked what about the BMW? He said the IS was a better value for him.

I told him he could get an IS300 for himself but if he got a GS400 or the BMW, we could borrow each other's car. He thought it was a great idea although he doesn't like the GS body style (he likes the body style of BMW). We'll see what happens. He's planning his purchase for early next year.

I don't have second thoughts about the IS300. I looked at BMW before I got the IS - nice but..I'm very happy with the IS300. However, if things work out, we can enjoy the best of two worlds.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Absolutely no regrets here. Of course, I just picked mine up yesterday morning... but still, it just feels "right" if you know what I mean. I don't think I've ever felt so "in tune" with any of my previous cars.

I can't wait to drive it today!! I was gonna go out and take it for a spin this morning... but figured, I could wait until I head out to mom's place later on for Christmas Eve!!

But damn this snow... damn it all to Hell!! I wish it didn't make your car look so dirty!! Yuck!!
Looks like I'll be taking advantage of that complimentary wash from Lexus sooner than I thought.

Scott.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts