Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it any horsepower gaining to only install a cam gear into a IS300 ? I think its only works with a Turbo car but For our N/A car is it useful ?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I have read about minimal gains. I am gonna get you in a couple of days. And turned around and "get" it installed. I will let ya know what it does 8)

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
hey aubie i would be REAL curious which one you get & how much it costs plus the cost of installation & tuning....etc...

I am looking at thia mod as well & have heard of possibly 5 + hp with it tuned etc...

I was talking with the guys here @ SP engineering where i get my dyno runs in & they mentioned a price of like $350 for the HKS version installed & tuned....?

keep us posted.
edgy.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
No prob. I wont be able to get a dyno pull, but I will be able to tell if I think it made a difference and prices of install :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Aubie83 said:
No prob. I wont be able to get a dyno pull, but I will be able to tell if I think it made a difference and prices of install :)
It will be a complete waste without tuning it on a dyno. How else are you going to adjust (tune) it?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
good point!

I too thot it was pretty necessary to use dyno to tune it properly... or at
least if ya wanna get the most out of it you need to tune w/Dyno...

You can take a certain setting i guess.... i thot i saw specs for these somewhere like a baseline start point to try in lieu of proper Dyno tuning,....

edgy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
edgy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing