Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it any horsepower gaining to only install a cam gear into a IS300 ? I think its only works with a Turbo car but For our N/A car is it useful ?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I have read about minimal gains. I am gonna get you in a couple of days. And turned around and "get" it installed. I will let ya know what it does 8)

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
hey aubie i would be REAL curious which one you get & how much it costs plus the cost of installation & tuning....etc...

I am looking at thia mod as well & have heard of possibly 5 + hp with it tuned etc...

I was talking with the guys here @ SP engineering where i get my dyno runs in & they mentioned a price of like $350 for the HKS version installed & tuned....?

keep us posted.
edgy.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
No prob. I wont be able to get a dyno pull, but I will be able to tell if I think it made a difference and prices of install :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Aubie83 said:
No prob. I wont be able to get a dyno pull, but I will be able to tell if I think it made a difference and prices of install :)
It will be a complete waste without tuning it on a dyno. How else are you going to adjust (tune) it?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
good point!

I too thot it was pretty necessary to use dyno to tune it properly... or at
least if ya wanna get the most out of it you need to tune w/Dyno...

You can take a certain setting i guess.... i thot i saw specs for these somewhere like a baseline start point to try in lieu of proper Dyno tuning,....

edgy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts