Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local guy is selling an srt intake w/ race-ecu for a pretty good price, but it has some random filter on it.. is it worth to save the cash and go with this, maybe buy an extra filter from srt, or should I just go brand new?

opinions appreciated, please..

·
Registered
565 Posts
well how much is a good price? because im sure you can just put a K&N filter on it and call it a day. which is what i would do anyways.

·
Registered
565 Posts
no im pretty sure it has to do with the ECU piggyback. all filters are basically the same as far as i know. but i could be wrong. and usually you can used SRTs for around 250-300

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah, all filters pretty much are the same. if you want the srt intake you should wait and just keep checking the f/s threads, i got mine used with a new aem filter for about 280. it's a great intake and gains are also noticable.

travis

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I just recently purchased a used SRT intake from a member on this site for 258$ after shipping and everything. Deals are out there, you just have to jump on them and remember that these are used products.

On the other hand the intake wasn't exactly complete. First thing i noticed was the DIIIRRRTTYYY filter. Not a big deal, i'll buy a filter. Next thing was there was 18" of vaccuum line that was not supplied. Again, not a big deal, trip to autozone fixed that. Lastly, and the one that kind of bothered me, was the heatshield had been messed with. The piece that blocks air making it so that there is no CEL for air turbulance had been completely drilled out and didn't exist. I had some spare aluminum around so i fab'd up a piece to work and it works great!

The issues i had weren't really the biggest deal in the world but the seller lacked to tell me about any of them. It was a hassle to put together but i'm happy with the results!

To sum things up:

You can find used SRT intakes on the boards for good prices.
Remember they are used.
SRT makes a kickass intake.

Good luck with everything, and i apologize for the long post haha

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, thanks for the help everyone, +rep to all...

I'll see if I can haggle the guy, I just didnt want to low ball.. glad I got a good idea of the prices... thank u all again..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts