Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plan on buying the AAC ORACLE HALO Kit, I do have some questions?

- What "K" collar do I need to get if I want them to be a extreme blue, not a light tint xenon but a somewhat blue blue collar?

I have no idea what the differences in the "K" numbers mean lol. Yes I am an idiot when it comes to lights. lol
Do the higher number resemble the darker collar?

I saw a guy not to long ago on this forum with a silver IS with blue lights and green fogs that changed yellow after they warmed up. This is exactly what I am looking for.

TIA.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
heh alright, heres you moonlight guide that im just now makin up for ya

our stock headlights color which is a bright color is 4300K

6000K is a nice white with a "tease" of blue
8000K is a light blue
10000K is a deep rich blue
12000K is practically purple.

^^^ those are off my knowledge of headlight HID bulbs. I think the "colors" are the same with halos.

anything lower than 4300K looks yellow FYI

answer your q?

you will want something along the lines of either 8000K or 10000K i believe. but I have seen 8000K in person on a guy i met who lived in canada and he had 8000K and they looked rather white to me. So i would say 10000K. I have 10000K in my headlights and they are a very nice blue. HID's are a film over the bulb, the higher the K, the hotter the bulb burns, meaning the bluer/more purple they look. So that color change in the beginning is them "heating" up i guess you could say.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Ok so i pulled these off of advancedautomotivecustoms.com 's website and it says that the K number is 4700K on the site but here are a few pics of what i believe are like 8000 or 10000K. Someone please correct me if I am mistakened and i hope AAC doesn't mind me using their pics. If so i will remove

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes thank you that does answer my question. I think I am going for the 10000K. I like the unique rich blue look.
Again thanks for your help. +rep!

Anyone with pictures please post for help with my decision.

·
Registered
834 Posts
that blue one last pictured is actually blue... i have 10k's on my car here is a pic...

·
Registered
834 Posts
it looks white on the camera... i need to adjust the white balance... in person they look awsome

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that blue one last pictured is actually blue... i have 10k's on my car here is a pic...
So is the lighting at night admitted from the car clear?

·
Registered
834 Posts
So is the lighting at night admitted from the car clear?
from the angel eyes? when you look at it its white with a little blue mixed in you cant really describe it... you have to see them in person...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts