Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to share my experience with AAC. After receiving some bad inverters with my AAC CCFL lights, and trying to figure out the problem for months, they eventually burned up. I contacted Justin about it, he gave me Richard's contact. Some time passed until I contacted Richard, and I could only find one of the burned inverters. We agreed that I pay for one, and then send the burned one for replacement.

Today I received the package from AAC. Opened it up... 2 brand new inverters :p . I really didn't expect this. Two thumbs up for AAC.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Seem like some really good guys there. Glad it had a good resolution :)

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
glad there was a good resolution for you. and a friendly FYI awEsome has an E in it :D

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
Ive had good experiences so far, now that they have upgraded those shitty 1st gen inverters, everything should be cool. I had to cut and splice wires because the new inverters have different plugs on them, but I soldered them together and now I have my halos workin again

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well, I had an old issue with AAC, and I have to say that Justin impressed me with his commitment to getting it right. I had all but written them off, and I think they just went above and beyond. I ordered the headlights and CCFL halo and demon eye set.

·
Registered
257 Posts
well, I think you have to take into consideration that custom car modifyer's such as ourselves can be some of the pickyest, perfectionists for one thing. Second, every company no matter how old or new has issues, it's how they service those issues that seperate them from the rest. Thirdly, in the "First to engineer and design" field, your gonna have some issues that come up along the way. AS they do, you improve your products, and continue to modify the look and design. That's a natural growth process. I think in the very hard "custom parts" business, AAC is coming along and stepping it up. We should try to support companies like this.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I must say that AAC has both its good and its bad. I've been through both sides. Most of my complaints would have to do with lack of quality. I've had both my inverters replaced now and two of my rings. Unfortunatly not all of these replacements were covered, so i had to shell out more just to have a working unit. But now that that's all set and done, i'm very happy with them. As long as everything works and continue to work, i'll be happy.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences with them!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm thinking about getting some dark chrome tails from them.. how are they compared to the jdm tails?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Purchased brand new heads from AAC aprox. 3 months ago, & had them BLK them out, along w/my fogs, rear side markers, & inner trunk lights. Everything came back great! Looks bad a$$! http://my.is/forums/f90/blkd-out-is3-pix-343254/

BAD NEWS AS OF LAST FRI: condensation in passenger head.
It's not like I can go w/o a headlight for a week+ while I send it back to them 2 fix either. That sux.
Still not sure what I'm going 2 do about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts