Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got new housings and halo and AAC did not send me instructions to have the re-work of wiring. Want daytime lights off and only halos on during the day etc. I looked in the search and could not find anything. Appreciate your input.

Matt

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
To disable the DRL just simply unplug the unit. It's located near the pass. side strut tower. It encased in a casing that saids 'caution hot!'.

Run the two power cables for the halos to your parking lamp (the one that goes into your low beam reflector. Use t-taps to connect them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I know about the DRL unplug. I just did not know about taping into the parking hedlights by stripping any of the wires...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate it but everything is Installed. Just need the instructions to tap into the power supply for the parking lights. I think I have to cut off the parking light connector and strip the green "+" and white/black "-" wires back for connection. Strip 1/4" wire from red and brown wire to coneect to the vehicle. Splice these wires together and insulate. Finally, connect Male connectors to demon eyes.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^Don't know much at all about IS light/housing setup etc., but is this something I can do without taking off the bumper or do any other dismatling?

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
^Don't know much at all about IS light/housing setup etc., but is this something I can do without taking off the bumper or do any other dismatling?
You called earlier and we walked you through this but incase you still need some direction here is the wiring diagram:

and since you have the NEW ORACLE V2 Inverters there is no cutting or splicing whatsoever.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Justin!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
When i purchase my halos the version 2 inverters were not out yet. I have the old style halos, but i purchased the version 2 inverters seperately because of the waterproof function. If I run the halos to a switch do i necessarily need to use the inverters or I can I just run the halos to a relay+battery +switch. Or do I need to use the V2 inverters+relay+battery+switch. I want to install them as if they were aftermarket fog lights or something. Any ideas? thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts