Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed my 6000k halos today and things didnt go quite as planned it was a little harder than expected and one of the big halos snapped in half. it didnt seem to fit at first it looked a little differnt then in the instructions and it snapped really easily without really any pressure on it. so i didnt wanna wait and order a new one so we just went ahead and installed only the two small ones. looks pretty cool still i dont know if anyone else has done this but ill try and get some pictures up of it soon

·
Registered
834 Posts
so i installed my 6000k halos today and things didnt go quite as planned it was a little harder than expected and one of the big halos snapped in half. it didnt seem to fit at first it looked a little differnt then in the instructions and it snapped really easily without really any pressure on it. so i didnt wanna wait and order a new one so we just went ahead and installed only the two small ones. looks pretty cool still i dont know if anyone else has done this but ill try and get some pictures up of it soon
yea same thing happened to me... except mine snapped after it was sealed up... (i guess my epoxy didnt hold) its $38.50 for a ring... call up AAC... the sad thing is when i the ring that cracked and tried to put it in the big ring cracked in the process.. so im waiting on those now...

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
this is why Im too chicken to try this...Id rather pay a little extra and have them do it since they do it all the time (and if they break somethin its on them) then end up focking up my headlights and having to buy new ones, which = even more money

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I also am a DIY kinda guy but I don't think I would do this one myself. It loses it's luster about the time I have to "bake my headlight" and then goes downhill from there. I think if I decide to add the halos to mine I will leave this part to the pros.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Damn that sux! Now I'll be letting someone else do mine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i just didnt really wanna spend the money to have them do it. that woulda been nice though. and we did call them and they told me the price of a new one but i would of had to left my car apart while i waited on it and not had a car to drive or id have to take it apart again and it was to much work for me to want to do that again so i figured it looks good enough how it is

·
Registered
16 Posts
[email protected] that sux!
I'm a newbie to the site, but, thanx to this site, I ordered my Halo's and installed them this past w/e... although not wired up just yet (I wanna redo the connectors w/some quality ones and ensure that the wiring is done PROPERLY!). the entire job was not "easy", but, doable (just more of a pain in the @$$ - taking apart the lights was the biggest !$*&^).
anyway, once wire up (this weekend) I'll try to put up pix.
THANX "MY.IS" - now I'm hooked (and on my way to being broke).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts