Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
you were going to get BBS LM's but then you settled for cheap XXR's?

BBS = high quality stuff

XXR = cheap replicas.

To answer your questions, 18X10 +25 will be pretty damn aggressive, especially for the front. You'll need heavy rolling/pulling.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
There are a bunch of xxr threads in the first few pages of this first gen wheel section... Research and learn the basics... You'll need massive work to fit these specs

·
Registered
784 Posts
honestly spending 2-3k on wheels is too rich for my blood, especially if most of the ppl who will see them on your car wouldnt know the difference. SO, if i'm rocking reps for a quarter of the price and they look almost exactly like the real thing i come out on top since the reps will get the same looks and were cheaper.

i know you can argue rigidity, but i've never actually knew or peraonally heard of someones reps falling apart under normal operation. that's just my view.

not cool mocking the guy who wants to put his cash somewhere else.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
honestly spending 2-3k on wheels is too rich for my blood, especially if most of the ppl who will see them on your car wouldnt know the difference. SO, if i'm rocking reps for a quarter of the price and they look almost exactly like the real thing i come out on top since the reps will get the same looks and were cheaper.

i know you can argue rigidity, but i've never actually knew or peraonally heard of someones reps falling apart under normal operation. that's just my view.

not cool mocking the guy who wants to put his cash somewhere else.
You forgot to mention reputable wheels are lighter and will yield better acceleration, braking and fuel economy. Reputable wheel can be had for $1k new.

·
Registered
784 Posts
^^ good points. still a thousand dollars compared to 4-6 hundred. I'll personally buy reps solely on the price alone and since im on the road only and have a stock engine the weight wouldnt matter.

to each their own my IS300 owners. (except horrible rice)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
sometimes i wish this forum was like vipstylecars.com
replica shit = permanent ban.
I agree with this but like someone else said there would be pretty much NO ONE on this site. Though replica wheels aren't that common on the IS yet, damn near every new member on this site is running a replica kit of some sort.

But I do think that the vendors shouldn't be able to sell replica stuff.

What's wrong with replicas...........................
Just in case this is a serious question, check out this link:

Real vs. Fake Wheel Guide | S3MAG.COM

^^ good points. still a thousand dollars compared to 4-6 hundred. I'll personally buy reps solely on the price alone and since im on the road only and have a stock engine the weight wouldnt matter.

You could have also bought a civic for like 1/4 of the price of the IS, why didn't you go that route?

·
Registered
14,584 Posts

A stock car will still benefit from better acceleration, better braking, better fuel economy, and a better driving experience from having less unsprung weight. Heavy shoes sucks. I know because I have had 7 different set of rims from heavy replica's to light weight 17's.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You could have also bought a civic for like 1/4 of the price of the IS, why didn't you go that route?[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding with that question? Why dont we all bring out our apples and oranges to compare. You sir are in left field.

·
Registered
681 Posts
at the end of the day do what you want with your car. dont let some clowns on an internet forum sway you

·
Registered
784 Posts
18in AR1's are that cheap and a lot of lexus/bmw guys are running them no problem. no one is talking about tracking these wheels guys.. Just b/c they aren't expensive doesnt mean your driving on cheerios. lol.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
18in AR1's are that cheap and a lot of lexus/bmw guys are running them no problem. no one is talking about tracking these wheels guys.. Just b/c they aren't expensive doesnt mean your driving on cheerios. lol.
ASA also pays BBS or whoever they are copying. That's the MAJOR difference between them and companies like rota or XXR.

Enough talk about replicas and authentic wheels. OP, those wheels CAN be made to fit but it will require a lot of work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.