Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Id like to share my experience with THM. Over the past few months I have been rebuilding my MR2 Spyder and buying parts for my IS300 as well. Needless to say I dropped easily $4k with THM this year alone. So a front caliper froze and I decided to go with a Supra BBK.

What bothers me is I paid for on 5/8 two Centric Cryo dipped Supra TT rotors. I was promised a 2 week turn around time buy Dewey and a 3 week time by Johnathan. Anyone whos purchased from them knows their terrible at sending out tracking numbers, more than half the time I already have it by the time I get one or I will never get one at all. So to continue on, 3 weeks go by, they claim next week. Four weeks, its another extra week. So 5 weeks, was told another week and I BLOW UP. Everyone I talk to has a different story from Hubert to Aaron, and Dewey.

I called Centric directly and they claim there is NO ORDER placed for these rotors and hasnt been for quite some time and yes I called to twice to confirm. Then THM says they piggy back orders from the distributor. Which basically means they do them in batches. So they wait till they get a specific number. Which they never told me in the beginning so it maybe bs. Does Centric do that or the distributor I dont know.

I had enough this is my DD and it needs to be back on the road. A similar situation happened with them regarding Injector Dynamics ID1000 two months ago. I was promised a day or two dropped shipped they took over a month and came from a distributor. Set my build back over a month and a half cause I dropped down on the list. Thats another thing is dont believe when they tell you where they ship from ever. I think they do it just so you feel you'll get it faster.

So I guess the cliff notes to this rant if you NEED something NOW do not get it from THM. Yes they give my.is discounts but you can take that number and have someone else beat it.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I had a similar issue awhile back. Canceled my order and called vivid. There were delays with the manufacturer of the product, but vivid kept me in the loop the whole time. If they didn't have the answer to a question when I would call, they would call me back within the hour. I'm a vivid convert.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar issue awhile back. Canceled my order and called vivid. There were delays with the manufacturer of the product, but vivid kept me in the loop the whole time. If they didn't have the answer to a question when I would call, they would call me back within the hour. I'm a vivid convert.
Thank you. I seen Vivid carries Charge
Speed. I will try them out.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
there was at least 2-3 threads on them. over similar issues.... I made one....just imagine paying for a faster shipping service, taking time off work to install parts a few days after the parts are supposed to arrive and nothing shows up

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there was at least 2-3 threads on them. over similar issues.... I made one....just imagine paying for a faster shipping service, taking time off work to install parts a few days after the parts are supposed to arrive and nothing shows up
Im sure there is more unhappy customers that have no came forward. THM tried bribing me to cancel my BBB complaint in lieu of being "take care of". I fell for this once and they went back to the same old tricks.

I did order some stuff from Todd at Vivid and I was very happy with the service so far. Surprisingly I did pay a few dollars more than Ebay but its insured.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I made a order once, when I called after a month of no product, they asked what store I was calling for, I guess they have more than one business or website. I did get my product though, and the tracking number was emailed to me one year after the order.

·
Registered
195 Posts
had similar issue with mine also...paid 2 day shipping, got all but 1 piece...waited almost a week for last piece, BUT i paid for 2 day shipping for no reason...waste of a money IMO

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well now the BS is I purchased lines with the rotors gave them to shop to install (after I got the regular rotors because I couldnt wait any longer) and they gave me lines for a sc300/supra. I specifically told the rep I wanted IS lines and he still ordered the wrong part. I had to pay for return shipping on their mistake and on top of that they wanted to charge me 20% restocking fee but they waived that at least.

Its been 11 days since they acknowledged the return and still my account has not been credited! Time to file another BBB complaint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts