Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back at the second Laguna Seca Press Preview, we were told that Lexus was still working with Bridgestone to determine the specific composition of their factory tire for the IS F and, at that point, they weren't even sure whether they'd use the RE050A or the RE070A.

I'm curious to know if all of you early IS F owners here on my.IS had them come with Michelins (Michelin Pilot Sport PS2) or Bridgestones from the factory. And, if they are Bridgestones, are they RE050A or RE070A?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my ultrasonic blue is-f came with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's.

Most of the other IS-F's I have seen have come with the Bridgestones..

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the other IS-F's I have seen have come with the Bridgestones..
Did you happen to notice whether they were RE050As or RE070As?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tires

My IS-F came with the Michelin Pilot PS2...I guess there is a specific part number for the Lexus IS-F models that vary slightly from the standard PS2's.

Front:
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
225/40R19 89Y LEX B

Rears:
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
255/35R19XL96Y LEX B

·
Registered
75 Posts
They definitely look like RE050As based on the tread pattern in some of the pictures I've seen.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I have seen 3 in SoCal come in with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

This one pic happens to be a US Spec IS-F NM edition... :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
sorry for the noob question but which is better...050 or 070?
Neither. The RE-01Rs are better. :p

In truth, I've never seen any RE070As, but the RE050As are used on the Z4, 5-Series, Enzo (RE050A Scuderia), and MB S55 AMG. They're also used on the Tacoma X-Runner.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neither. The RE-01Rs are better. :p

In truth, I've never seen any RE070As, but the RE050As are used on the Z4, 5-Series, Enzo (RE050A Scuderia), and MB S55 AMG. They're also used on the Tacoma X-Runner.
My much humbler Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring also comes with RE050As.

I haven't had a chance to delve into the RE050 vs RE070 question by visiting the Tire Rack or Bridgestone sites, but I did notice the other day that Honda equips its "regular" S2000 with RE050s but uses RE070s for the S2000CR (Club Racer). That implies, to me, that the RE050 is a better wet-weather tire at the expense of ultimate dry-weather performance, while the RE070 is a better dry handling tire that's inferior in the wet. That's just an educated guess, though.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
my IS 250mt came with re50's

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Some more pics...... of the IS-F with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

enjoy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts