Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I traded in my trusty 06 IS250 with 80K miles on it in Nov-11, for a brand new VW Sharan 2.0TSI because of growing family needs. Turned out to be the biggest purchasing mistake I made, next to the also brand new VW Jetta I bought in 2000. It was obviously a case of "once bitten, didn't learn any lesson". The litany of problems with the Sharan started on the very day I collected it:

1. RNS510 system broke down 6 hours after car collection was replaced
2. Rear sliding doors intermittently fail to lock shut (still awaiting spare parts)
3. Creak/rattle in driver side B-pillar since ~500miles & getting worse
4. Cargo management system slide rack screws half exposed/half screwed in
5. Front passenger A/C vent cover out of alignment (still awaiting spare parts)
5. Real life fuel consumption on 50/50 highway/urban of 19mpg (US) vs published 28mpg (US)

So it is with great happiness (& relief too) that I gotten myself back into Lexus ownership today with a new GS250 in Nebula Gray Pearl (1G0) & Saddle Tan interior. Here's a quick shot (sorry, picture quality is a bit poor) I took it this evening before it got dark

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!! I can't believe the vw gave u that much trouble.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
GS250? We only get the GS350 here in America. Heavy car for that little guy to lug around. Is it painfully slow?
The new GS is a helluva car, for those that haven't driven one. Nice choice!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Congrats! I drove the new GS350 here in the U.S. and as Lextech said, they are great cars.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GS250? We only get the GS350 here in America. Heavy car for that little guy to lug around. Is it painfully slow?
The new GS is a helluva car, for those that haven't driven one. Nice choice!
I've only had it for a day, so time will tell if it's going to be a laggard. But first impression is it's similar in performance to my 06 IS250, but slightly smoother & more refined (better insulation perhaps?).

The GS250 will be the volume seller here in Singapore, competing against the base models BMW 520i & Audi A6 2.0TSI in the executive class segment. Actually, I think it wins hands down with it's new aggressive styling, superior finishing & comprehensive equipment list, but then again I'm probably biased :)

Car prices here in Singapore have reached crazy levels (primarily because of taxes & other levies). The GS250 Standard now retails for USD185K while the GS350 is USD30K more, so no surprises which is more popular. I'm just glad I was one of the early birds to put in my pre-booking back in Nov-11, & now one of first to enjoy the new GS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts