Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my subwoofers and amp installed yesterday, and I think there maybe something wrong. The first time I turned the car off, 1 second later there was a loud "BOOM" and at first I thought I blew my subwoofers! It scared the sh!t out of me! Now everytime I turn off the car is does that, and sometimes when I forget about it , it still can catch me by surprise. I hope this is fixable and not normal!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
I just got my subwoofers and amp installed yesterday, and I think there maybe something wrong. The first time I turned the car off, 1 second later there was a loud "BOOM" and at first I thought I blew my subwoofers! It scared the sh!t out of me! Now everytime I turn off the car is does that, and sometimes when I forget about it , it still can catch me by surprise. I hope this is fixable and not normal!
- sounds to me like its your amp turning off, which then 'turns off' the sub...

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dut said:
lexusaltezza said:
- sounds to me like its your amp turning off, which then 'turns off' the sub...
Is there any way to wire it so that it doesn't make the sound everytime I turn off the car?

·
Registered
807 Posts
You should make sure you're using a remote line off your stereo to power on your amps. If you are using a switched power source (like an accessory line), you can get the "boom" as the stereo turns off before the amps.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DarkStorm said:
You should make sure you're using a remote line off your stereo to power on your amps. If you are using a switched power source (like an accessory line), you can get the "boom" as the stereo turns off before the amps.
I'm not sure how the amp is powered. If the audio shop could have avoided the boom wouldn't they have done so? Or were they too lazy to do it?

·
Registered
947 Posts
i would give them a call or take it back to them. if it is a reputable company they will fix it with no extra cost, but some companys will charge you labor. if you want to do it yourself you can hook up the remote wire of the amp to the remote on the stereo, if it is aftermarket stereo it will be the blue wire. or you could wire the remote wire to a seitch and manually turn off the amp before you turn off the car.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Yeah, I am getting the same thing but only when i remote start my car... subs go BOOM! :eek:

The place that installed my alarm said same thing remote need to be put on the right line.

Where is the best place to tap this? What color it the wire, just blue?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to roll by my audio shop and tell them to fix it! For the price I paid, I at least want everything to work right!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I have my remote on a switch next to the coin holder.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
13s_is300 said:
i would give them a call or take it back to them. if it is a reputable company they will fix it with no extra cost, but some companys will charge you labor. if you want to do it yourself you can hook up the remote wire of the amp to the remote on the stereo, if it is aftermarket stereo it will be the blue wire. or you could wire the remote wire to a seitch and manually turn off the amp before you turn off the car.
The shop is closed today so I will go by there Monday. If I do put a remote to turn off the amp, won't the subwoofers still make a sound since I am just turning it off before I turn off my car?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the problem fixed. I went by another audio shop, and the guy said it was nothing and moved a few wires and got it to where it wouldn't make any sound when the car turned off. Thanks for your help everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
I got the problem fixed. I went by another audio shop, and the guy said it was nothing and moved a few wires and got it to where it wouldn't make any sound when the car turned off. Thanks for your help everyone!
Let me know what wire they connect the remote to so I can get it fixed on my car too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts