Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys got your IS almost $3700CAD off the MSRP, is it cos the IS u got is one of the "left over" IS from last yearor it is brand new 2001,in Jan and Up??
the dealer told me that wold be the promotion in Dec, or on left over IS'
and one more question, how much " freight, PDI, Licience, ect" will cost? around $1500 CAD? i know $3000 is just tioo much but that's the fees they told me! BS!!!

and I juts hate fuc#$ng salesman!!!!!!!!
non of them is honest enough to do a good bussiness!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by michaelg:
Being a certified Lexus salesman, I take exception to your remark. Maybe you are not yet ready for a Lexus?
What do you have to do to be a certifeid Lexus salesman??? I'm in sales and I was thinking what I would have to do to sell high end cars like Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc. I imagine its alot better money than selling fords...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by michaelg:
Being a certified Lexus salesman, I take exception to your remark. Maybe you are not yet ready for a Lexus?
Well, how do you know when somebody is ready for a Lexus?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are many Lexus wannabees in today's marketplace. They want to own a Lexus at a Toyota payment level. That is when I have to tell them, "Sir/Maam, maybe you are not ready for a Lexus." Their usual response is, "I could pay cash for this vehicle." At this point, they either suck it up or realize that they are not ready to own a Lexus.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are many Lexus wannabees in today's marketplace. They want to own a Lexus at a Toyota payment level. That is when I have to tell them, "Sir/Maam, maybe you are not ready for a Lexus." Their usual response is, "I could pay cash for this vehicle." At this point, they either suck it up or realize that they are not ready to own a Lexus.
Why do most (not all) salesman think that they know what their potential customers can or cannot pay for an automobile? Telling someone they are not ready for a Lexus is the reason why most people hate buying automobiles. The arrogance of car salesmen prevent them from getting the sale, not whether or not the customer is ready for a particular brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aww come on guys.
The guys being honest. Lexus aint a
JUST a toyota, it aint a honda, or just a nissan. It more high end. Michealg does hold
a certain degree of truth in his words.
YEs the is300 is ment for the youth market, but in the same sense as a BMW is. Its not just ment for anyone, more like for someone with a bit of money. They do have a image to uphold... The worked hard to become a Name Brand that is associated with luxury and prestige

ON the other hands what im not going to assume about lexus salesman that i have seen about toyota salemen (if it's true in lexus salemen as well, id really hate it) is that i have been told that a celica is 22,300 for the Dealership to buy, but i got mine for 19,800 without tax from an another dealership
what the HELL is that??? that a REAL LIE!
yes i bought my GTS for 19,800 without tax yet the salemen told me he need to be atleast 200 dollar over 22,300 to make profit on my car without TAX!

[ May 01, 2001: Message edited by: Asurda ]

[ May 01, 2001: Message edited by: Asurda ]

·
Registered
306 Posts
And here's your typical response from a salesman:
"Sir/Maam, maybe you are not ready for a Lexus.

" Their usual response is, "I could pay cash for this vehicle." I'm sure this is also a typical response from a customer, but how do you know if they can't pay cash. It's ".com row" right outside of DC and you can't tell if a kid or whoever can pay cash for a car. What do you mean, "suck it up or realize that they are not ready to own a Lexus." That's enough for many to go to somone else. You could of lost a potential customer. I don't know about the income bracket in your area, but shouldn't a potential customer be treated with good customer service. Isn't the way you act a reflection on your dealership. Prospective owners come to this site for info. Now all they have to do is avoid the dealerships near the location in your profile for good customer service...right. Real smart... Mr. Salesman. What's your job,to sell? And isn't a sale a sale, regardless of how it's paid for?

Yang go to another dealership! Tell them how you want to be treated! Look for a good deal!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by alex2364:
This is when I say "You've just got my business to the Lexus dealer across town. Goodbye!"

Yeap, Customer Service is number ONE in my book. It has happen to me when I walk to a BMW or Lexus Dealer with shorts and a T-Shirt. But when they ask for my rank in the military or my line of work everything changes to Yes, Sir

·
Registered
102 Posts
I find a lot of salesman pre-judge their customer. I got exactly that kind of treatment during my first Lexus dealer visit. The salesman have this attitude that I cannot afford the car. So I end up purchasing the car at another Lexus dealership. But the point is not that the person can or cannot purchase the car. Sales staff should not make any judgement on anyone that comes thru their door, he or she is a potential client, does not matter he or she has intend to buy or not. The potential client should be treated with the same respect like anyone else. Does not matter how he dress, age..etc.

No doubt, I am sure the sales people encounter lots of looker only, but these pretty much applied to business had to do with sales.

I see nothing wrong that the consumer wants to bargain and get the best deal that he or she can get. Just my 2 cents.

James, What dealership did you goto. You might want to tried Scarborough Lexus. I had a personal positive experience during my visit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's the buying season which means it's a sellers market -- you might not be able to get the same deal as someone buying in winter.

The $3000 fee they charge is ridiculous. From what I know, the freight is $500 and air tax is $100, these are perhaps the only two ligitimate fees. There are some questionable fees the dealership make you pay: advertising fee (around $350), "dealership" (don't remember the exact term) fee and some other bs fees which shouldn't total more than $1000. So the rest of the $3000 looks bogus.

As for the comment from Mr. "Certified Lexus Salesman": give the guy a break, he's just asking for the same deal others managed to get. What's wrong with that?

Originally posted by yangyang11:
I know some of you guys got your IS almost $3700CAD off the MSRP, is it cos the IS u got is one of the "left over" IS from last yearor it is brand new 2001,in Jan and Up??
the dealer told me that wold be the promotion in Dec, or on left over IS'
and one more question, how much " freight, PDI, Licience, ect" will cost? around $1500 CAD? i know $3000 is just tioo much but that's the fees they told me! BS!!!

and I juts hate fuc#$ng salesman!!!!!!!!
non of them is honest enough to do a good bussiness!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts