Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
ok guys i was bidding on some headers on ebay. so i found one (link below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7998396789

i bid $200 and a few hours later i check the auction and the price raised. i check the person that was bidding and i noticed he had already gotten 2 feedback from the seller. so i went and check the sellers feedbacks and what did i see? well looks like the same guy has been bidding on all his auctions to raise his sale price.

look at the sellers feedbacks. next to the feedbacks is the link to the auction that the person has won. now click that link and check the winning auction. when thats up look at the bid history and the same f***ing guy has bid on the auction. that s*** pissed me off. why not just set a reserve on ur damn auction. i retracted my bid from his auction and reported him to ebay.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Glad you reported him. That happened to me but I ended up winning, so I email him that I wasnt going to pay him b/c of price-jacking. He accepted my lowest bid.
Anywho, GL...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fucked up part is he kinda sells them cheaper than anyone else. and i still need headers...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Good deal!!! Yeah you gotta watch out for those eBay scammers.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Good deal!!! Yeah you gotta watch out for those eBay scammers. Shoots ChrisCarlos's car was being sold on eBay with out him knowing.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I hate when people try to get away with it. I have caught a few people and told them and then informed E-Bay about it.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
yeah i feel you on that. i was winning an auction for a full set of fairings for my bike (body panels) and there was no reserve and they were dirt cheap. a day before the auction was to end the seller cancelled my bid and then later emailed me offering to sell me the set for hundreds more.

ps please refrain from cursing in on topic forums.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Always watch out for scammers.....I hate it when you're doing honest business and there are always these type of ppl that will jack you over.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The guy basically has two user I.D.s and is bidding on his own product to raise the price which is highly ILLEGAL. I remember watching the local news and they had a story about two partners doing that. Anyways they ended taking thousands of dollars from people by scamming them and bidding on their own products. To make a long story short the F.B.I. got involved and arrested them and they got 9 nine years.....

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
When i sold my stock wheels and tires on ebay some guy a day or two before the auction ended emailed me saying that i can get in trouble since only one guy has bidded on my wheels. Well the guy that bidded before i got the message had to bid 5 times before he got ot my reserve so the guy thought this guy was just tring to run my price up so i reported him. I have a feeling the mystry guy that sent me that message was from this site since i got alot of bs from people on the price i was asking.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
yep... At first i gave the benefit of the doubt about wholesale2960, but then i realized that he was bidding on NUMEROUS sets of headers, which is fine, maybe he got outbid... But what exactly would he do with Mugen valve covers??? And NEX accord coilovers??? Or Accord v6 headers???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts