Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today I experienced something that almost brought a tear to my eye...my father and his fiance drove down from NY to pick up the IS and drive it back up where she'll be stored for the winter.

I'll be deployed from September to March, so there's no sense in keeping the car on the road or down here in crappy Norfolk. All I have now are the pics of her on my laptop and driving the IS in Midnight Club 3 for my PSP. :(

Anyway, has anyone else here gone for an extended period of time without their IS? How long, and how did you deal with not having your baby?

The kind of cool thing is, I'll get back in March and I'll have an '01 that still only has 49k miles on her. :lol:

This can also be a semi-goodbye post, since I'll probably not be surfin the web very much for the next 6 months. Take care everyone. :)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
take care of yourself =]

lend me the is300, i promise i will take good care of the car :]
i will also add some goodies to it.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Dash2110 said:
Hey guys, today I experienced something that almost brought a tear to my eye...my father and his fiance drove down from NY to pick up the IS and drive it back up where she'll be stored for the winter.

I'll be deployed from September to March, so there's no sense in keeping the car on the road or down here in crappy Norfolk. All I have now are the pics of her on my laptop and driving the IS in Midnight Club 3 for my PSP. :(

Anyway, has anyone else here gone for an extended period of time without their IS? How long, and how did you deal with not having your baby?

The kind of cool thing is, I'll get back in March and I'll have an '01 that still only has 49k miles on her. :lol:

This can also be a semi-goodbye post, since I'll probably not be surfin the web very much for the next 6 months. Take care everyone. :)
Best of luck to you on the deployment...take care now. Leaving the IS for extended amounts of time is def good if your tryin to keep down the miles....like you said, an '01 with 49k isnt too shabby ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
longest I've gone without the IS was a month, for TDY in Texas :)

where you going? Iraq or Kuwait? Goodluck.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Take care and thank you for your service. I'm sure your IS will be in good hands. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts