Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please stop posting the same old crap in this forum. I don't understand why you would want to come here and put down another car or talk about how good your car is. And I own a CL-S! So, don't think I'm just another IS300 owner that you want to flame.

I considered both the IS300 and the CL-S when I was looking for a new car. I couldn't pass up on the 260hp and incredible value of the CL-S and personally thought the IS300 was a little small. However, that is my opinion. I don't feel the need to come here and tell everyone why they made the wrong choice because the fact of the matter is there is no wrong choice between these two cars. They are both great cars made by quality manufacturers.

Even though I bought a CL-S, I still occasionally visit this forum to see whats up with the IS300 world. I visit www.acura-cl.com just about daily. So please, CL-S owners, stick to the CL forum and stop bashing IS300 owners. It really does make you look like you are second guessing your decision.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red / Parchment
non-nav - wheel locks - splash guards

[This message has been edited by TakeFlight (edited December 31, 2000).]

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thank you, TakeFlight. As you might know, there are other CL-S owning regulars here at www.is300.net, so don't feel like odd-person-out. We welcome all sorts of constructive discussions.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by TakeFlight:
Please stop posting the same old crap in this forum. I don't understand why you would want to come here and put down another car or talk about how good your car is. And I own a CL-S! So, don't think I'm just another IS300 owner that you want to flame.

I considered both the IS300 and the CL-S when I was looking for a new car. I couldn't pass up on the 260hp and incredible value of the CL-S and personally thought the IS300 was a little small. However, that is my opinion. I don't feel the need to come here and tell everyone why they made the wrong choice because the fact of the matter is there is no wrong choice between these two cars. They are both great cars made by quality manufacturers.

Even though I bought a CL-S, I still occasionally visit this forum to see whats up with the IS300 world. I visit www.acura-cl.com just about daily. So please, CL-S owners, stick to the CL forum and stop bashing IS300 owners. It really does make you look like you are second guessing your decision.

TakeFlight, Do you ever drive through Montgomeryville? I think I may have seen your car. Nice ride.

I drive a silver IS, maybe I'll see you on the road

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
TakeFlight, Do you ever drive through Montgomeryville? I think I may have seen your car. Nice ride.

I drive a silver IS, maybe I'll see you on the road
Actually, normally I'm not around that area. However, I bought my car from Montgomeryville Acura the Saturday before last. I know I saw a Silver IS recently but I don't remember where it was. Maybe it was yours.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by WHITE_IS300:
hey whats up cardinal creek where you from I am from Doylestown
White, I posted a reply on the "Who has a white IS" topic asking you if you lived near by.

Anyhow, I'm in Lansdale, silver IS. How about you and I gang up on TakeFlight - one of us cut him off and the other flies by him.

Not too many IS's in our area, hehe. Just lots of bust my wallets

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
How about you and I gang up on TakeFlight - one of us cut him off and the other flies by him.
Only because I'm still breaking in my car. Otherwise you would never catch up to me!

Not too many IS's in our area, hehe. Just lots of bust my wallets
I agree. I also don't see a lot of CL's. That's fine with me. I like having a car that you don't see all the time on the road.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
AMEN to that brother, also, most of you all should have came to the maryland IS300.net meet in november

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by WHITE_IS300:
TAKE FLIGHT were are you from
I'm in Northampton township. Churchville to be more specific.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
Actually that's what makes this forum so good. It would be boring without all the flames and violence.
I agree with you PMD. I post here because #1 I love the IS and hopefully someday own one (5-speed) and from what I've read, I enjoy most of the personalities here. Nice diversity. But some people can get carried away. Like I posted in another thread last week, nothing wrong with a little sarcasm and tussel here and there. We just gotta keep it in check somewhat...otherwise, anarchy. just look at what keeps happening to the 3-word story...

------------------
MAD

[This message has been edited by junedog (edited January 03, 2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
junedog
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing