Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
The marketing/communications surrounding the new IS is absolutely abysmal. The press release comes out today with the base prices, but leaves the standard features/option packages up in the air. The Lexus website contains no new information and doesn't even have the press release that went out today. I emailed the dealer to see if he had any more information, he emails back and says he has NO pricing information, so I sent him the press release lol. I call Lexus customer service and all she can tell me is what's in the press release. Uggghh, when is Lexus going to get their act together? It's 2005, people want information and dispensing it is a trivial matter. I find it hard to believe they're still finalizing the pricing/standard features/options.

·
Registered
407 Posts
maybe they anticipate that there will be no need for marketing and the car will sell itself. i dont recall too much hype regarding the new 3 series. but i do recall a lot of hype surrounding the tsx and the rsx because they didnt have a following yet. dont know for sure either way i wish they wouldve released the info sooner and all at the same time instead of keeping their consumers in the dark. very frustrating.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I got a lot of spam from BMW when the new 3 came out, since I'm registered with BMWAA. Lexus doesn't have a program like that, afaik. Either way the launch so far has been average. I did like the tatse of lexus events, but the information regarding the car has been poor released, imo.

·
Registered
473 Posts
ewang114 said:
maybe they anticipate that there will be no need for marketing and the car will sell itself. i dont recall too much hype regarding the new 3 series. but i do recall a lot of hype surrounding the tsx and the rsx because they didnt have a following yet. dont know for sure either way i wish they wouldve released the info sooner and all at the same time instead of keeping their consumers in the dark. very frustrating.
I agree, I bet they are assuming the car will sell itself. I believe there is a lot of hype out there already...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Who needs marketing when all you need to do is come here on my.is. :bigSmile:

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
When I went to the dealer last week they didn't have any information. The gave me a stupid brochure with a bunch of exterior shots and paint samples in it, and a reprint of the Autoweek article. Its crazy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It not a marketing, it is a mess and disorganization. "C" to Lexus marketing department (if it is exist at all) for some effort with Taste of Lexus.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Let me join in this rant and put in my 2 cents'. I agree that there have been some silly detail miscues from Lexus. Here's one example:
http://my.is/forums/showpost.php?p=3757424&postcount=284

Another example: A number of us have had the official 2006 Lexus IS Press Information kit, which, at the end, contains 9 pages of what they call "2006 IS 250/350 Preliminary Product Information", dated June 3, 2005. Just yesterday, the Lexus Pressroom posted a version of this dated September 2005:
http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2006lexuskit/2006IS350-250_sf.pdf
You'd expect this to be fully up-to-date, but no! The only changes from the June version I have is adding the EPA Fuel Economy figures and the removal of "Leather console" from the various packages. That's it! It still shows leather, sunroof and power seats as options when they've already been announced as standard. No wonder people are confused and ask basic questions over & over. You really can't blame them!

Rubley, I hope you don't mind my editing your title for this thread...

·
Registered
366 Posts
How many people in here that have posted have a Marketing Degree? I KNOW that Lexus in it's millions of dollars and being the leading luxury manufacturer knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jruhi4 said:
Rubley, I hope you don't mind my editing your title for this thread...
Not at all, it's more accurate now. :)

rpwsrw said:
How many people in here that have posted have a Marketing Degree? I KNOW that Lexus in it's millions of dollars and being the leading luxury manufacturer knows what they are doing.
Do I have a marketing degree? No, I have a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering. Have I read books about marketing? Yes.

You seem to be the only person in the know regarding pricing/standard features/options. I appreciate all the info you've posted. My dealer is clueless. Lexus customer service is clueless. The Lexus website is lacking - there isn't even a contact email address listed?!?

Maybe you can provide some guidance on what is and is not standard on the IS250 AWD?

·
Registered
482 Posts
rpwsrw said:
Lexus has lousy marketing (always has) unless it is for their SUVs which BTW are the reason they are the leading luxury line.

I also fail to see your point in the marketing degree comment...I see blatant illogical stuff all the time in various areas (how about in the the press) that I dont have a degree in.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Within the last few months of Lexus releasing this vehicle. Tons of people are complaining how they could do a better job of marketing, why can't I have my car first, Lexus sucks, I'm buying a BMW, I want PCS and they're not making it first Now I'm going to buy a BMW. Lexus is a multi billion dollar company. They lead tons of catagories in the luxury marketplace. I doubt that any of us could do a better job. THey are marketing the masses, not us few enthusiats. I wish they were, I would LOVE a 6 speed manual IS 350! BUT, the majority of the public who are into Luxury vehicles don't want that. Most of us on here are blessed to able to own a Lexus at are age. This vehicle is targeted of 29 years old which most of us are under. They are marketing this car for that age bracket in the masses, not enthusiats.

Rob L- My point was I'm sure they know what they're doing. I guess time will tell. I am a smartass if you can't tell. Don't take it seriously.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
366 Posts
IF they're not in that last then I would guess they're not standard. That is a copy of my invoice. I believe the vent. seats and wood trim come with a Nav. Package. not on a base AWD.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rpwsrw said:
IF they're not in that last then I would guess they're not standard. That is a copy of my invoice. I believe the vent. seats and wood trim come with a Nav. Package. not on a base AWD.
Maybe you understand my confusion now... the car will be in the dealership in 2 days, but no one, including Lexus corporate, can tell me what the standard features or option packages are... that's disorganized to say the least.

·
Registered
366 Posts
They have an invoice on your car now. If it's not on there, it's not on the car. If you just got a 250 without nav or any other options, it won't have ventilated seats or wood trim. If I was at work, I could pull it up for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts