Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say I wanted to supercharge my IS but I didn't want the dealer to know how hard would it be to return to stock...Is there anything that would be a tell tale sign it was supercharged

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mrclam i understand it's pretty obvious but i mean i would take the s/c of before i went in for service i wasn't saying just leave it there and hope they don't notice...is it possible to return things back to stock without them knowing it was once there

[This message has been edited by dt1313 (edited November 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
again arey ou serious??? most SCs take like 5-10 hours to install minimum if the person knows what he's doing......if you have to ask te question dont' even bother, it's not gonna happen.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
it's not worth the work. i wouldn't even think about it either...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
even if you can take the supercharger out, there will be too many modifications made for the initial installation that will just stand out to the professional. Your best bet will be bolt on intake and other little stuff if you don't want dealers to find out, but even then the good trained eyes may find out.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
you can put stock parts back on and everything will looks stock no problem.

Originally posted by dt1313:
Let's say I wanted to supercharge my IS but I didn't want the dealer to know how hard would it be to return to stock...Is there anything that would be a tell tale sign it was supercharged

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
TRD/L-tuned announced that they plan to offer a supercharger kit in about 11 months time.

It is still uncertain if it will effect the Lexus warantee on the rest of the car.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Last time I checked, s/c's don't go on and off like an air filter. Once it's on, it stays, at least until you decide to remove it for good. Plus, like the others are saying, way too many mods to try to reconvert to stock with ease.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you to all for replying...i understand the work behind a supercharger and didn't at all expect it to take a couple hours to take off...the whole point was can it be done....i don't want to take two days to do something like this but if i could do it in a day i wouldn't mind...Could it be done was basically what i was getting at

Clam, calm down i forgot for a second you are the all knowing being i was simply asking i it could be done not if you would do it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
dt1313
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing