Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm probably jumping the gun a bit here but what the heck...

Since I might be "exchanging" my '07 IS 350 or an '08, I had some questions about the colors...

I went through some posts regarding the colors people got and I wanted to get some things clear.

I'm interested in four colors (in order of interest).

1. Glacier Frost Mica

2. Starfire Pearl

3. Breakwater Blue Metallic

4. Tungsten Pearl

My 2007 is Tungsten Pearl and I think the "Starfire Pearl" is just a fancy name for white.

What I'm trying to figure out is what is the difference between the GFM and TP? The Lexus website is of NO help, because they look identical. Can anyone describe the difference or post some pics of two side by side?

Also, how come nobody has the BBM? Is it just that everyone thinks it is fugly?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only difference I see between the two is that the GFM almost has a silver hue to it and there seems to be a tiny tiny dash of ice blue.

Why lighter colors?

·
Registered
264 Posts
The difference is.....Tungsten Pearl is Silver.

Glacier Frost...is uhh...special. ;) Glacier Frost is a off-white base coat with blue pearls.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The difference is.....Tungsten Pearl is Silver.

Glacier Frost...is uhh...special. ;) Glacier Frost is a off-white base coat with blue pearls.
Are you serious? In theory the GFM looks best to me, but I really can't see a difference from my current Tungsten Pearl (Silver) from the pictures. I imagine the pic you put up is of your car (which is GFM). It looks hot, but I really don't think it looks very different than my silver.

Maybe the difference is more pronounced in person.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
All I can say is that from what I've read, Breakwater Blue is very rare and hard to find.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are you serious? In theory the GFM looks best to me, but I really can't see a difference from my current Tungsten Pearl (Silver) from the pictures. I imagine the pic you put up is of your car (which is GFM). It looks hot, but I really don't think it looks very different than my silver.

Maybe the difference is more pronounced in person.
You really need to see GFM in person to truly understand the color. Yep that's my car. Thanks

I don't really have any good pictures showing the color, but here is some more. Mind you, the first two pics is my Intake & Engine cover. Last pic is my C Pillar.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I could see the difference in those pics. I LOVE the color. Sick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts