Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed a Vais Slv2i on my 2006 IS250 and when I reconnected the battery everything worked fine except the navigation system. My screen shows the error "A program cannot be read, please consult to a dealer" followed by some Japanese writing. How do I fix this?? Thanks for any help you can give!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. Is there a fix. Im sure my nav worked after i installed my vais but I changed the battery and I dont think it has worked since then. is there a resetting procedure after a battery change?

Cheers

Darren

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with this message. Has anyone found a solution for this. It started after I disconnected my battery, ive been reading through the forums to find this problem.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I would try to remove the disc and reinsert it. The DVD is behind the panel where the clock panel is. There's two holes and with a small pick you should be able to pull it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would try to remove the disc and reinsert it. The DVD is behind the panel where the clock panel is. There's two holes and with a small pick you should be able to pull it out.
Same problem with my sat nav... after disconnecting the battery problem started.
I did try to remove disc and load again but it didn't help still the same message...

does anyone have a solution? dealer wants to order a new unit they don't know what's wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Problem solved!

Same problem with my sat nav... after disconnecting the battery problem started.
I did try to remove disc and load again but it didn't help still the same message...

does anyone have a solution? dealer wants to order a new unit they don't know what's wrong.
Just in case someone else has the same problem, I've fixed mine and in my case it was a faulty disc that refused to load a necessary program so the unit can work after a full reboot. The original disc is still fine to run the map and guide to the destination but was not able to upload the program that got deleted after disconnecting the battery. All I needed was a new disc which I got from ebay

Hope this feedback helps to others here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
nav fix

hi all
just had the same thing on my nav,
remove the nav and unplug all wires,
wait a few mins and plug it all back in,
it should work fine. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts