Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday Jan 16 around 3pm PST (california!)

this is what happened.. my friend bought his 2001 prelude base automatic black paid $27xxx out the door (ripoff) that was back in october 2000. then he saw the new blue color in the prelude 2001 then he traded in his black prelude and they gave him $19,700 so he loose around $7k-$8k for the color and this time he got it 5spd the blue one.. !!! only because he didn't like the black color no more and because he lost many times racing my is300!! haha the funny thing is that he has a custom system on it, and it was worth like $4800 (installation etc....) and i got it for $2000 .. haah

oohh there's more!! he wants to supercharge his prelude with the jackson racing supercharger for 3,xxx$ ... and he was about to get the yellow S2000 that hopkins honda had in stock asking $40,000! (32,000 msrp + 8000 mark up!! NO WAY!) but the thing is that he didn't qualify for it...

strange thing?? well let's see if the 5spd prelude can keep up with a 5spd IS!

note: I have nothing against ricers. but some fellows at the dealer saying that an civic SI stock is faster than my IS300! I STARTED LOL!!! and that will smoke my ass!!! what a moron!

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Some people buy cars like they're buying shoes. Hate to tell you, but the Civic Si does 0-60 in about 7.1 sec, it's pretty quick.

Originally posted by El Chino:
yesterday Jan 16 around 3pm PST (california!)

this is what happened.. my friend bought his 2001 prelude base automatic black paid $27xxx out the door (ripoff) that was back in october 2000. then he saw the new blue color in the prelude 2001 then he traded in his black prelude and they gave him $19,700 so he loose around $7k-$8k for the color and this time he got it 5spd the blue one.. !!! only because he didn't like the black color no more and because he lost many times racing my is300!! haha the funny thing is that he has a custom system on it, and it was worth like $4800 (installation etc....) and i got it for $2000 .. haah

oohh there's more!! he wants to supercharge his prelude with the jackson racing supercharger for 3,xxx$ ... and he was about to get the yellow S2000 that hopkins honda had in stock asking $40,000! (32,000 msrp + 8000 mark up!! NO WAY!) but the thing is that he didn't qualify for it...

strange thing?? well let's see if the 5spd prelude can keep up with a 5spd IS!

note: I have nothing against ricers. but some fellows at the dealer saying that an civic SI stock is faster than my IS300! I STARTED LOL!!! and that will smoke my ass!!! what a moron!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
Some people buy cars like they're buying shoes. Hate to tell you, but the Civic Si does 0-60 in about 7.1 sec, it's pretty quick.

it may beat off the line for like 4 seconds then WAMMMMM....the IS will fly right past it...

------------------
Later

MIKE
ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Intake (on order)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well a Stock Prelude will be faster/same v.s. IS300 esp in a 5 speed (of course we all know that it is the driver).

Here are some stats

Lexus Is300 0-60 7.4 1/4 Mile 15.5
Honda Civic Si 0-60 7.1 1/4 Mile 15.7
Honda Prelude SH 0-60 7.0 1/4 Mile 15.5

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
I'm sure the 2nd-3rd shift around 56 mph hurts the IS300's 0-60, the 1/4 mi is probably more relevant. Most Hondas can hit 60 in 2nd gear, improves times. Bring on the 5 speed!

Originally posted by BatuKingJr:
Well a Stock Prelude will be faster/same v.s. IS300 esp in a 5 speed (of course we all know that it is the driver).

Here are some stats

Lexus Is300 0-60 7.4 1/4 Mile 15.5
Honda Civic Si 0-60 7.1 1/4 Mile 15.7
Honda Prelude SH 0-60 7.0 1/4 Mile 15.5

·
Registered
259 Posts
Actually, its pretty fair both ways with the IS300, Civic Si comparison. Both cars have two shifts to make before 60 mph. So as far as shifting goes, its fine.

Not to be a whore for Honda, but the Civic Si is tested with its average 0-60 at around 7.2-7.3 with its best about 7.1 sec. I'm sure you all know that the same thing can't be said about the IS300.

Either way, there's no "WAAAM ___ will fly past it" we're talking about tenth's of a second. Unless flying by consists of crawling by someone so slowly it seems like a 1 mph roll while you're stopped.

Some people seem to think that .2 seconds is 10 carlengths in a quarter or 0-60. Hmmmmmm.

El Chino, Watch your friend if he decides to go forced induction. Granted the Supercharger will only bump hp to 238 at the wheels, (from around 175-180) but the Turbo can actually achieve a peak 320 hp at the wheels. That is definitely not something to toy with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts