Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday Jan 16 around 3pm PST (california!)

this is what happened.. my friend bought his 2001 prelude base automatic black paid $27xxx out the door (ripoff) that was back in october 2000. then he saw the new blue color in the prelude 2001 then he traded in his black prelude and they gave him $19,700 so he loose around $7k-$8k for the color and this time he got it 5spd the blue one.. !!! only because he didn't like the black color no more and because he lost many times racing my is300!! haha the funny thing is that he has a custom system on it, and it was worth like $4800 (installation etc....) and i got it for $2000 .. haah

oohh there's more!! he wants to supercharge his prelude with the jackson racing supercharger for 3,xxx$ ... and he was about to get the yellow S2000 that hopkins honda had in stock asking $40,000! (32,000 msrp + 8000 mark up!! NO WAY!) but the thing is that he didn't qualify for it...

strange thing?? well let's see if the 5spd prelude can keep up with a 5spd IS!

note: I have nothing against ricers. but some fellows at the dealer saying that an civic SI stock is faster than my IS300! I STARTED LOL!!! and that will smoke my ass!!! what a moron!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I lovee preludes, but I wouldnt pay 27,000 for a base. Thats a price more appropriate for an SH with an oem body kit. I would love to pick up a bnase 2001 blue 5 speed sometime.

------------------
1998 Mercedes Benz SLK230

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
in the 0-60 the civic si could win. it runs it in like 7.2 compared to "7.1" for the IS...but of course the SI is a stick and harder to achieve the optimum time but "mag racing" the si could win

·
Registered
146 Posts
I raced a black Si from rolling and beat him, he was lowered and intake from all I could see, we pulled over. And also about the Prelude thing... I had a '99 White Base automatic and was going to trade it in for an '00 white base 5-speed and get the JRSC, but I had over $4k in body damage and had everything but the JRSC for it. The Prelude is a hard car to get rid of. Thank God Sewell Lexus called me up when I was about to make the deal lol the Honda dealership gave me an Accord to test drive to go look at the IS. huh

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
is hte s2000's msrp really 32k? i heard it was in the high 20s and that 34k was a really high markup? or am i remebering wrong?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
is hte s2000's msrp really 32k? i heard it was in the high 20s and that 34k was a really high markup? or am i remebering wrong?
You need to do some research on Edmunds.com.

------------------
K.P.

·
Registered
509 Posts
holy .. 27k for a PRELUDE!!!!!........
well. sorry to say.. either ur friend has too much money.. or he is just dumb..
27 k for a BASE TOO.... 27k for type SH plus some kits sounds more like it!!

heck.. 27k.. u can get a CLS for 30k man..

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica
Fully loaded IS 300

1 - 8 of 8 Posts