Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on April 14th, I posted a "note to Lexus" on this is300.net bboard.

What I said was this:
=============================================
Dear Lexus,

Please pull some strings and make sure that the factory (In Japan) makes _MY_ car when they start production on May 8.

I want an IS300 like this:
Model 9500 - IS300
Graphite Gray Pearl - Code 01C6
Black Cloth Interior - Code FD20
17" Graphite Polished Wheels - Code AL
Moonroof - Code SR
Limited Slip Differential - Code LD

============================================

Now I know that this forum is not a sure fire way to reach anyone at Lexus. Even if people at Lexus did read my message, it is unlikely that anyone took the intiative to put my request onto one of the "Special Order" builds at the factory...

Now months later I have finally gotten a dealership in San Jose, CA to put my special order through - so any dealers that had tried to "preference" this car for me should just cancel the perference and let the special order go to the San Jose dealer.

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow - the first reply to this message since May 13th!!!

Anyways - my car is (finally) built, and on a boat right now. I should have it within 2 weeks...

Just like what I was asking for back in Febuary! I think I get the award for longest lag time knowing exactly what I want to being able to get it.

(Well some of those M3/M5 waitlist people have me beat)

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn i guess you are very patient to get the exact car you want. i for one could never be that determine to wait that long. i hope you got a big discount for your ride.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>On 2002-05-28 22:05, KROUT KILLER wrote:
xjayx300 stop trying to be like me im the originator of digging up old posts. thank you.</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

And we all obviously love you for it..

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
there's alot of balding going on in that pic...must be lexus' dealerships'perception of the majority of its customers :grin:

nice one ZaKapatan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
blue_j
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing