Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
From the review, I assume the spare tire comes in the same Lexus alloy 17" rims????

Can anyone confirm that??

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Another review which says 34.1 ft curb-to-curb turning diameter.

Some of the reviews are saying 37.4 ft.
I never did sort out why some are using
"wall to wall" versus some using "curb to curb".

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
From what I have heard wall-to-wall is basically how tight an alley you could fit in and still make a u-turn (so it takes into account the overhangs and bumpers that would hit the walls).

Curb-to-curb is how tight a circle the wheels/tires can make. So you could make a u-turn that small as long as the barriers and curbs aren't tall enough to hit the body of the car.

There is turning radius, turning circle, wall-to-wall, curb-to-curb, etc. I think that alot of publications are sloppy about publishing those numbers because I have seen many cases where the number printed doesn't match the description. I wish there was one standard for which number to publish, but instead there are confusing (and sometimes misleading) numbers being thrown out there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
By looking at these sites I think it would be worth it to wait another year and get the L sport model or TRD enhanced model. Hmm.. I always wanted to be the first kid on the block.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The major difference of the L-sport is the final drive ratio.. Everything else you can pretty much get it at any local performance shop that somewhat caters to Lexus owners. Performance parts are pretty abundant in Japan for the Alzetta/Is300 so I dont' think we have to wait for the L-sport from Lexus if you want to upgrade your exhaust/header, chip and suspension.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dotn think they have anything for the is300 in japan. The car is new and im not sure if anything on the is200 will fit. By the way i saw the is300 again today, and the exhaust tip is huuuuuugge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts