Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a rsx-s that is about 250 hp with a few mods. he said the main gain he got was the reflash ecu that change the a\f ratio, 9000 rpm, etc.
I was wonderin if we could get a reflash ecu also??

that would help us a lot i think in my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
that is the hondata upgrade. apparently honda doesn't tune the k20a anywhere near its fullest potential. the guys at hondata coded 4 programs, 2 if you have an intake, and 2 if you don't. the difference between the programs in each set is the redline (8200 or 8600). if you have the program for the intake i believe there are gains of 20HP and 15 ft/lb TQ to the wheels. quite amazing if you ask me. i'm not sure what mods your friend has, but he'd need quite a bit to get 250 to the wheels. i'd believe 210-220HP with I/H/E and the hondata upgrade

i had an rsx-s before my is300.

i'm not sure of the makeup of the is300 engine, but there has to be plenty of performance that we are not using in its stock form.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
still, you cannot re-program ANY of the toyota obd-II ecus- they have a shitload of security measures ever since they got sued by CARB back a few years ago, and nobody has been able to crack the ECU to reprogram it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.